Smile with my TI-83 Plus I can make a cnc controlling stepper motors, the control system with a PIC or Arduino?
Um, I barely understood any of that. Do you know how astepper motors work? If not, then read up on that first.
Of course I understand how to operate the stepper motors,but I wondered if the calculator can read Cnc G codes and use a pic or arduino to control the motors?
Smile
but I wondered if the calculator can read Cnc G codes and use a pic or arduino to control the motors? Very Happy
That depends on the software you are using to drive it, I guess. I don't see why you can't write a parser to decode gcode commands, but you have to use something more than just an Arduino, or a PIC. You can have your calculator talk to an arduino, sure, but then there's not much point in that.

May I ask why you want your calculator to control a CNC, or what your ultimate goals are?
Welcome to Cemetech, JoeGreen. Please make an attempt to write grammatically-correct, punctuated, and properly-spelled posts in proper English, especially since your info says you're from the US. Also, would you care to Introduce Yourself when you get a chance?

Yes, using linking routines your calculator and Arduino can chat, but why wouldn't you just control the stepper(s) directly from the Arduino?
I am interested in the numerical control because I love designing and building mechanisms,I'm used to using arduino and pic that is the reason.
well i don't know how to control the arduino with the stepper(s)
You mean you don't know how to control the stepper motors from the arduino? That's because they require a driver board to run and get the required voltage. Steppers require an exact sequence of commands to be able to run, and so cannot be done easily without a driver board.
You don't really need a driver board, just some transistors to switch the higher voltage/current and diodes for back-EMF protection. The PICAXE manual contains lots of useful information about interfacing devices to microcontrollers, and covers unipolar/bipolar stepper motors - it recommends the ULN2003 and L293D as easy-to-use motor driver ICs.
What Ben says. As long as you have the switching transistors, you can just make the Arduino board pulse the lines in a proper shape for a stepper motor. I'm sure that there's already code out there somewhere to do this, but even if not, it's a simple set of (usually four) parallel square waves with phase offsets.
Thank you very much i found a program to control arduino stepper motors with the ULN2003.

another question:

How i can make a program on my TI-83 Plus to read codes G?
Well that depends. Is it sent via USB, the arduino serial port, or what? Depending on the file size, you may get away with just storing it on the calculator as an appvar or something.
Good for the serial port or if the calculator to send data to the arduino
joegreen wrote:
I am interested in the numerical control because I love designing and building mechanisms,I'm used to using arduino and pic that is the reason.
well i don't know how to control the arduino with the stepper(s)

You can read data from the serial port in Arduino. It's easy, but you'll have to figure out how to comunicate the calculator with Arduino/PIC properly.

Mathworks developed a library to control Arduino by using MatLab. You don't have to upload any code to Arduino and almost everything is controlled by Matlab commands. Check it out. Maybe you get some ideas.

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/27843

Cheers!
thank's a lot Very Happy
joegreen wrote:
thank's a lot Very Happy

Any time!

Cheers!!
As far as interfacing the Arduino and the calculator, I have code that speaks the TI-Link Protocol, which I believe I've even been so confusingly generous (after some very bad experiences with code theft) to post here on the Cemetech forum:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4771
KermMartian wrote:
As far as interfacing the Arduino and the calculator, I have code that speaks the TI-Link Protocol, which I believe I've even been so confusingly generous (after some very bad experiences with code theft) to post here on the Cemetech forum:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4771

Oh no, that's so bad. I have a question: The code you posted in the link above is the code to read from arduino or to send data to it?
Oh that's bad. thanks for sharing your help bad that I have the TI-83 Plus.
Your code is for this model?
Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours