flyingfisch wrote:
OK, so it is not practical to port z80 ASM to SH3ASM? They are that different?
Yes, they are extremely different architectures indeed.
Yeah, this is purely in z80 assembly, no chance of even thinking of porting it. Though, even in C there would be no point; starting with a small unix-like kernel and moving from there is by far the best option.

KermMartian wrote:
Good stuff. I ask because seeing that made me wonder if there would be a way to count pages, such as trying to set and read a byte on each page and seeing what happened, something along those lines. What's on the near-future NucleOS to-do list?

Well, I could do that to count pages, but since the ASIC & status & friends ports are reliable for seeing which model, how many ROM/RAM pages there are, etc. I'm planning to stick with the simple, trustworthy solution. As for today, I'm working on finishing up some operations in the string syscalls, and then I'm at least going to start on making the dynamic memory allocation heap, using a simple binary block pairing system.
Sorry to bump an old topic, but it looks like there are multiple 3rd party OS's going on here. Is development completely stopped on NucleoOS?
GinDiamond wrote:
Sorry to bump an old topic, but it looks like there are multiple 3rd party OS's going on here. Is development completely stopped on NucleoOS?

Yes, though it's not of great concern to the calculator community because it was never intended to be more than just a means to learn some OS Theory concepts and to get some experience writing a kernel. It's partially because I lost a lot of the non-trivial code, but mostly because I've been too busy with other projects and school.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours