I don't know if anyone has seen it, but the new news article on ticalc seems to sarcastically answer most of our complaints. WOOT Laughing
Here's the link:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/13/134/134579.html
Hmm, I don't think I fall in any of those catagories... Unsure
Laughing lol....I did a few of those when I was a greenhorn n00b. Smile
Completely innocent. At least they noticed the noobishness of Josh Frisby's programs. there was one on there about usig 500 pt-on() commands. Things are looking up.
Kuro wrote:
At least they noticed the noobishness of Josh Frisby's programs. there was one on there about usig 500 pt-on() commands.
ticalc article wrote:
Picture files aren't any good because they require 768 bytes each! So, instead make sure you put five hundred Pt-On() lines in your program to draw graphics.
Laughing
It's very tempting to email him the list and modify it so that one is in bold. Evil or Very Mad
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Hmm, I don't think I fall in any of those catagories... Unsure

I think I violated 6, 7, 46, 62, probably 63 at one point, and reluctantly 13.
1 at one point, 3 (the init char, not the CAPS), 4 (gcd - I found the function after I wrote the proggie), HAHA def #7, #19 for Doors CS and my BASIC tutorial, 36!!, and 48 (it was pretty close).
They should make a prmanent link to it so that noobs can see it before they upload. Something like "Unsure of the professionalism of your program? Click here!"
Mos' def.
I doubt they will though
It would be nice to turn them into negatives (eg Don'ts) and post them on the 1337 page.
You never know. Even if they did, the noobs would probably just assume their program is good and not bother with the page.
'tis unfortunately true. Sad
And if it were displayed before uploading any file it would just annoy the good programmers and it would be removed. Looks like a stalemate.
Hmm, well, I guess you have to have some n00bs who will eventually grow up into good programmerz. Smile
All the better if that progression can be accelerated.
Yeah, but we still need new newbs coming in to refresh the veterans leaving the programming community.
Still, the more experienced programmers need to season the noobs at present.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours