how do the libs work because some of them have things like String of token(s), direction, ULCD, desired, startX, startY, type, numItems, dataStrN, "title", "icon", "itemlist", "labellist", [stackNumber], {args...}
A.K.A what do ^these^ mean?
Well, first of all is a lib (short for library) just a library of new commands to ask. These commands have certain parameters, the DCS libs are called with sum( . After that follows which command of that library is used, e.g. for the DCS GUI menu it is sum(13). After that follows a certain number of arguments so that the library knows exactly what to do.
In the GUI menu the next two things are x and y axis, so it would look then like this:
sum(13,8,Cool
As you can see in the documentary next is the title. As the title is a string it must be also saved as a string, so our code is that far:
sum(13,8,8,"Hello World")
The next one is a hex-char string that gives a icon, to just have a square the hex-icon for that is "F8888888F8".
So our code for the menu is now:
sum(13,8,8,"Hello World","F8888888F8")
Next is the itemlist. It is the list of the options in that menu. They have to be separated by the stat plot + symbol and must be a string. So with some menu options it would be like this (┼ = stat plot +):
sum(13,8,8,"Hello World","F8888888F8","Cemetech┼Omnimaga┼TiCalc┼Mean of life┼")
Remember that there MUST be that stat-plot + aswell at the end of the string, otherwise it won't work.
Now you need to know which menu option goes where, that's why there is the lablelist next. It is just simply a string of twice as many characters as there are menu options, two characters are for one lable, the maximum amount of characters in a lable in TI-BASIC. If you only want one character then the first one is a space. That's then the lable where it jumps if you selected that option, so the full code would be:
World","F8888888F8","Cemetech┼Omnimaga┼TiCalc┼Mean of life┼","CH OTI42")
If you select now the option cemetech it goes to lable CH
If you select now the option omnimaga it goes to lable O
If you select now the option ticalc it goes to lable TI
If you select now the option mean of life it goes to lable 42

Hope I could help you Smile
Krazy, each page generally explains what the arguments are. Things in quotes should be strings, and everything else is generally a number. Also Sorunome put a lot of good information there, which I hope you'll read through.
Another funny question but, what is this?> ┼
And what is it supposed to do?
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
Another funny question but, what is this?> ┼
And what is it supposed to do?
It's one of the three plots symbol tokens. The DCSB Libs >> GUIMenu page says:

Quote:
ITEMLIST: A list of items to be in the menu. Each menu item should conclude with the Stats Plots "+" symbol (in [2nd][Y=][>][>][2]), so the ITEMLIST string should contain as many Stats Plots "+" symbols as items.
It's to separate the items in the list.
KermMartian wrote:

Quote:
ITEMLIST: A list of items to be in the menu. Each menu item should conclude with the Stats Plots "+" symbol (in [2nd][Y=][>][>][2]), so the ITEMLIST string should contain as many Stats Plots "+" symbols as items.
It's to separate the items in the list.

now I get it, how do you acsess it on the calculator? or do you need to do it in DocDE.
Did you read the thing you just quoted from me?
Never mind I figured it out. you have to be in prgm to do it. thanks Kerm.

Code:
:If 1337=/=det([[42
:Then
:Disp "GET DOORS CS 7
:Pause "DCS.CEMETECH.NET
:Return:End
then do I put code or no?
because I just want to know what libs I have.
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
then do I put code or no?
because I just want to know what libs I have.
As it says on the DCSB Libs page:

Quote:
If it returns 42, no libraries are available.
If it returns 0, only Celtic III/Xlib/PicArc/Omnicalc is available.
If it returns 1337, all libraries are available, including the DCSB Libs.

If you just want to know yourself, just run Disp det([[42 inside a program. Perhaps that's what you were asking, if it has to be run inside a program or if it can be run from the homescreen?
BTW, is it supposed to be a little gag that it is 42? (the mean of life xD)
Sorunome wrote:
The next one is a hex-char string that gives a icon, to just have a square the hex-icon for that is "F8888888F8".

how would I make my own hex-char string to make my own icon?
You should take a look at this topic: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4784
I am trying to use the GUIMouse, but it isn't working. Can someone give me the code for {X,Y,CLICK,TRIGGER}. I don't know what that means or what the syntax should be.
Ok, I assume that you already know how to activate the GUI Mouse (with stack GUI elements etc.) and that you know what Ans is.
If you click now it leaves that line of the GUI Mouse, the problem is now to know which button etc. was pressed.
So in Ans is stored a list of data where was pressed etc.
So the next line would be something like Ans->L1
Now L1(1) is the x-possision where was clicked and L1(2) the y-possision.
L1(3) is the type of click. It is one if there was a normal (left) click and two if it is the right click. If you pressed STO (escape sequense) it is 0 (I think)
Now is only L1(4) left. That gives you out which element was clicked. Best is if you let that being displayed after the click and via that you know then which number is for which button.
Hope that I could help you Smile
Spenceboy98 wrote:
I am trying to use the GUIMouse, but it isn't working. Can someone give me the code for {X,Y,CLICK,TRIGGER}. I don't know what that means or what the syntax should be.
Try starting with the SimpleGUIMouse call and working your way upwards to the more complex GUIMouse call. The SimpleGUIMouse version does not require you to set up a Doors CS-based GUI on the screen first, which GUIMouse does.
What occurs if someone puts :DCS(some number) at the beginning of the program code? I saw that at the beginning of a basic code sometime..
Dapianokid wrote:
What occurs if someone puts :DCS(some number) at the beginning of the program code? I saw that at the beginning of a basic code sometime..

It means the program has a 16x16 icon in Doors CS. Read more:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BASIC_Header
Is there a detailed guide of the entirity of the DCS basic libs that I can read?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours