Hello everyone! Here, I'm going to be constantly posting updates on my Wireless Network Adapter, At this time, a very good friend of mine who works with adapters like these is currently fixing a bug I could not, I will get it back from him when he finishes, if it still has problems, any help from the z80asm and TI-BASIC gurus here would be greatly appreciated! As soon as I get it up and running, I'll post a demo video or a picture of the device! Description:: This device when connected to your TI 83 or 84+ calculator through the I/O port, will automatically install one of the few web browsers inside of it, I believe the only one I have in it is one from this awesome group of cemetech! Gossemmer! It will then inject a patch of bytes into the browser to support the driver software as the way it is coded will not allow for its normal functionality, basically allows to recieve requests from the internal driver software which is installed inside the calculator once connected along with the browser, WI-FI FOR THE CALCULATOR! WOOO! Smile please let me know of any improvements or suggestions to it i can make to it as it will help me, and others to better like this project! I hope to get it working soon after the horrible bug i found yesterday! Wish me luck!
So it sounds like this is something you're planning rather than something you have completed, correct? My Gossamer web browser for TI graphing calculators is indeed what you're talking about. You'll have to pardon my skepticism on this, because I don't quite believe you have the hardware or software skills to pull this off. If I'm wrong, please correct me with details such as: what uC are you using to store and install Gossamer inside the wireless device? What frequency and protocol are you using? How did you solve the timing/collision issues? What "driver" does it install, and in what language is the driver written?

If this is mostly theoretical, bear in mind that we are more than happy to help you learn what you need to know to make this a real project.
It does sound like a planning, and you are ABSOLUTELY correct that i have poor hardware skills, only basics, another friend of mine (I mentioned on the first post of this topic) had created the adapter hardware, I have the software skills, really good ones, but yes, help would be greatly appreciated, i could answer some of the questions you asked, Gossamer was installed onto the device via C4 Clacker (my software installer made is ASM for windows) was used via a small transfer cable to the device, although, it seems to be buggy after the injection, if you could help out by installing it a way you think is reccomended. Frequency and Protocol were done by my friend, timing/collision issues are issues right now, help is appreciated, my friend is working on that part. the driver is a driver to be hidden on the calculator for the device to work, coded my self, the language the driver is in is z80asm (i was helped a lot by my friend, but if you want to start new and fresh and make this project really right the first time (of course may come with minor bugs) that would be AWESOME! or you could help with what i'm having trouble with now, thank you!
zenforic wrote:
It does sound like a planning, and you are ABSOLUTELY correct that i have poor hardware skills, only basics, another friend of mine (I mentioned on the first post of this topic) had created the adapter hardware, I have the software skills, really good ones, but yes, help would be greatly appreciated, i could answer some of the questions you asked, Gossamer was installed onto the device via C4 Clacker (my software installer made is ASM for windows) was used via a small transfer cable to the device, although, it seems to be buggy after the injection, if you could help out by installing it a way you think is reccomended. Frequency and Protocol were done by my friend, timing/collision issues are issues right now, help is appreciated, my friend is working on that part. the driver is a driver to be hidden on the calculator for the device to work, coded my self, the language the driver is in is z80asm (i was helped a lot by my friend, but if you want to start new and fresh and make this project really right the first time (of course may come with minor bugs) that would be AWESOME! or you could help with what i'm having trouble with now, thank you!

I'm still really skeptical that you managed to do all of this. Why didn't you just transfer the .8xp file to the calculator using Ti-Connect or TILP? Also, Gossamer works over gCn so where in all of that is the gCn client software?
I had to use C4 Clacker instead because it was being installed to the device, not the calculator, the device dumps it to the calculator, but again, it got really buggy, so I may require help, but I understand why you would get skeptical about this as it does seem hard, but i have the software skill, and my friend has the hardware, please, if I could get help to start a fresh new one that is less buggy, that would be great, or at least help on fixing the bugs. The gCn client software was the the exact thing partially modified for functionality of the device and the browser I forgot to say the browser was only modified a tiny bit, or the browser would have crashed for every time the device is connected
souvik1997 wrote:
zenforic wrote:

I'm still really skeptical that you managed to do all of this. Why didn't you just transfer the .8xp file to the calculator using Ti-Connect or TILP? Also, Gossamer works over gCn so where in all of that is the gCn client software?

I can see that make more sense and seem practical if it provided gCn as there would be no need for a special driver or changing of any software at all on the calc. All you would need is a calcnet program to configure wifi adaptors. Gossamer isn't the only thing that uses gCn Wink I am sure that KermM would love to have a WLAN party with a bunch of calculators playing oblit. Razz
So what do you guys suggest i do? dump my old one and start a new one with this awesome group? [sorry if this sound like too much, i'm under high sensitive pressure, I have Aspergers Syndrome for those on this topic who don't know.]
No, you shouldn't dump your old one at all. I'm really interested to see pictures or a video of that in action, since many members have tried to create a wireless CALCnet/gCn solution and none have been successful so far.
Ok, so, how could I fix my current bugs?
zenforic wrote:
Ok, so, how could I fix my current bugs?

Umm, you haven't really posted any schematics of the hardware or source code of the software you are using, and we don't even know what the bug is, so...
Ok, tommorow, if i get it back from my friend, fixed or unfixed, I will show everything, sounds good?
zenforic wrote:
So what do you guys suggest i do? dump my old one and start a new one with this awesome group?

You'll excuse me for the extreme skepticism displayed here, but this sounds like an excuse to 'drop' a project that never existed because we saw through your 'clever ruse'.
A few more cynical comments follow.

zenforic wrote:
C4 Clacker
Um, what? I googled for this and everything was related to Call of Duty, which rather supports my hopothesis that you're making up garbage (sorry, other Call of Duty players, but that's my first impression).

zenforic wrote:
my software installer made is ASM for windows
Yes, because programming user-level applications on a modern operating system in assembly is useful for all sorts of things beyond pedagogical exercises..

zenforic wrote:
run on sentence, im the best at programming! but you used terms i dont understand relating to hardware so ill parrot them back and claim some 'friend' is working on that
Maybe you're not a native English speaker, but most people who know what they're doing in software are also capable of expressing themselves eloquently. You've failed at that, so not only is your rambling nearly impossible to interpret, but it calls everything you say into doubt even before I consider its meaning.
zenforic wrote:
Ok, tommorow, if i get it back from my friend, fixed or unfixed, I will show everything, sounds good?
Sounds good. Given our past experiences with people, though, you should know that if you come to us tomorrow and say your friend couldn't find the code, that we'll assume there never was anything. On a less skeptical note, can you get your friend to come speak with us as well?
reply to post above Kerm's:1. C4 Clacker is related to that, but, I named my tool that, and I never published it unless you suggest I do. 2. I swear i did not write: "run on sentence, im the best at programming! but you used terms i dont understand relating to hardware so ill parrot them back and claim some 'friend' is working on that" unless it was someone else because it says "zenforic wrote:" above it. 3. I have been overloaded with all this skepticism so I will decide to burn or throw away my project so that it may be a long gone subject and I will start normal projects that are noted possible in this group (overload = caused by Aspergers Syndrome symptom, too much pressure) unless otherwise noted to start a new one with ya'll. 4. I do speak english, although my first language during childhood was spanish, but I am good in english. 5. I will now stop working on anything having to do with hard ware, only software. 6. Becuase of #5 I'm permanently deleting C4 Clacker (again, it is a COD item's name, i just name the tool after it). 6. Thank you for any useful tips. Kerm, if you suggest otherwise, let me know, looks like you do above this post, please clarify. (and yes, I will try to get him to speak with ya'll)
Unfortunately, I have to say: Skepticism with possible confirmation

zenforic wrote:

[...] I will decide to burn [...] my project [...]

Fire?

</nothelpful>

Posting any image of the hardware might help us out a lot, if it does exist.
ok, in this case, I won't dispose of my project, but, please allow time for the pictures, i cannot get them for as long as my friend has them, as soon as I get pictures, I WILL post them, possibly with a demo video once I get ip-programs to have me test it on his TI 83+.
zenforic wrote:
ok, in this case, I won't dispose of my project, but, please allow time for the pictures, i cannot get them for as long as my friend has them, as soon as I get pictures, I WILL post them, possibly with a demo video once I get ip-programs to have me test it on his TI 83+.

Sorry about that. We all just have seen projects that claim to be able to do something, where the creator has absolutely no earthly no idea how complex their idea is. But honestly, if you have pictures the circuit diagram, or anything at all, we'd be more likely to believe you. We're just skeptical, is all.

I do hope this is accurate. What are you using for power, and what wifi chip are you using?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours