I want to make my assembler capable of creating applications, but to do that I need to figure out what an application looks like. Does anybody have a link to a tutorial or guide on it (or enough time to describe it for me)?

I've been reading the tixx_guide, and I know what the header and checksum of the file are, and I know that the app itself is stored in Intel HEX format, but it doesn't go into much detail on what's actually in that HEX data. That's the information I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!
Deep Thought wrote:
I want to make my assembler capable of creating applications, but to do that I need to figure out what an application looks like. Does anybody have a link to a tutorial or guide on it (or enough time to describe it for me)?

I've been reading the tixx_guide, and I know what the header and checksum of the file are, and I know that the app itself is stored in Intel HEX format, but it doesn't go into much detail on what's actually in that HEX data. That's the information I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, such a loaded question...I'm not sure where to start.

Flash applications have three sections: the app header, the data, and the signature.

The app header is a series of fields that specify the name of the application, how many Flash pages it takes up, which signing key it was signed with, etc. You can check the certificate documentation on WikiTI for an idea of how the fields are laid out (you can follow along in any dummy app header when you create a Flash application, as well).

The signature is the same thing, a single field (0220h, size 0x40, if I recall) which contains the signature of the application (RSA-encrypted MD5 hash modulo the public key specified in the app header).

(Just spewing some stuff at you to spark a discussion...)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours