How would you make it so you can move a dot on the graph screen for a menu item select by pressing the down arrow?
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
How would you make it so you can move a dot on the graph screen for a menu item select by pressing the down arrow?
You'd use a combination of Pxl-Off/On/Change or Pt-Off/On/Change or Text with getKey.
would it be in a loop and have if statements
would it be in a loop and have if statements
It would indeed. Perhaps it would be better for you to step back and figure out the "flow" of this sort of program, then dive into the programming after that?
Quote:
Perhaps it would be better for you to step back and figure out the "flow" of this sort of program, then dive into the programming after that?

What do you mean by flow?[/quote]
I don't know much TI-BASIC for models before TI-89, but anyway I ask you: Are you using a popup menu?
no it's for the main menu for a program i'm making.
I will give you a spoiler. Don't click the link if you want to figure this out on your own.

Spoiler

That also applies to moving just about any sprite. just modify it a bit.
Charlie wrote:
I don't know much TI-BASIC for models before TI-89, but anyway I ask you: Are you using a popup menu?
Natively, the TI-83+ series doesn't have that sort of a menu, but you actually could use a Doors CS GUIMenu from your BASIC program:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BasicLibs:GUIMenu

KermMartian wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Natively, the TI-83+ series doesn't have that sort of a menu, but you actually could use a Doors CS GUIMenu from your BASIC program:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BasicLibs:GUIMenu

I want to take advantage of your post to ask how do you produce those animated gif's?
Generally, an emulator is used. I prefer WabbitEmu, some have preferences for other emulators. Depending on the emulator, you might need to use CalcCapture to get a screenshot (WabbitEmu has the ability built in).
What about TIEMU?
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I will give you a spoiler. Don't click the link if you want to figure this out on your own.

Spoiler

That also applies to moving just about any sprite. just modify it a bit.

I'm a little confused about the spoiler because it has getkey stored into k then it has k equal some number
When K= a number it makes that bit (K=25) = 1 otherwise it is zero. for example.

Code:
M-(K=25)+(K=26)->M

Could be shown like this.

Code:
If K=25
M-1->M
If K=26
M+1->M

It is boolean algebra, and it helps a lot when working with more complex programs, I use it quite often. If you would like, I could teach you some ways of using it.
Do this

Quote:
While 1
getKey->K
If K:Pause K
End

Then you can see what every button's number equals to. The only button this doesn't work on is the ON button, it will quit the program.
CharlieMAC wrote:
What about TIEMU?
Yes, TIEmu offers built-in screenshotting abilities, as mentioned in the description here:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/387/38770.html
how do you post videos onto cemetech?
how do you post videos onto cemetech?

Use the [youtube] tag, or upload it to a file hosting site like Dropbox and post the link.
souvik1997 wrote:
Use the [youtube] tag, or upload it to a file hosting site like Dropbox and post the link.

how do you do the dropbox thing because getting it is easy
Ok in drop box, save the video into the public folder, Using Real Player or some other youtube downloader. Then wait a bit probably about 5 minutes, and right click the video, and copy public link. Then Just put that link you [youtube] tags and you are done.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours