I got my Casio Prizm for $120 plus tax, so $130. Apparently Best Buy wants to give you a Prizm for $45. You should all jump on this right now. Seriously. Go.

Edit: If I get one, it will be $52.51 with shipping and tax, which is like 65% off.

Purchase Link
Casio Prizm for $45 From Best Buy
Wow!

I'm still happy I snagged mine for about $80 at Target last summer. That's an insanely good deal though.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Wow!

I'm still happy I snagged mine for about $80 at Target last summer. That's an insanely good deal though.
Eighty is still an awesome price, nice job. Smile Oh, and as Qazz42 fairly pointed out, all kudos go to him for finding this link in the first place.
I got mine for $130 straight out of my pocket at the time I had exactly $130... Sad

... But I'm not unhappy. Even at that price, it's worth a lot more personally than the 84+SEs they had on display for $150.
KermMartian wrote:
I got my Casio Prizm for $120 plus tax, so $130. Apparently Best Buy wants to give you a Prizm for $45. You should all jump on this right now. Seriously. Go.

Edit: If I get one, it will be $52.51 with shipping and tax, which is like 65% off.

Purchase Link
Casio Prizm for $45 From Best Buy

Great find, KermM! Makes me want to get one even more
AHelper, do it! You could spearhead the latent effort to load some sort of third-party OS on the device if you wanted, since that seems to be your particular area of expertise.
KermMartian wrote:
AHelper, do it! You could spearhead the latent effort to load some sort of third-party OS on the device if you wanted, since that seems to be your particular area of expertise.

If nothing else, I WANT PRIZM gCAS! Very Happy No pressure, of course.

But it would be cool to see a lot more cemetechians get prizms, because honestly the amount of programs for the platform is rather depressing.
hehe, if most, if not all of the hardware is well-known, let me know!

<edit>

Ashbad: The library should work. A frontend just needs to display the nodes. I use sprintf, but anything that can print out floats and input strings of text will work.
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Wow!

Eighty is still an awesome price, nice job. Smile Oh, and as Qazz42 fairly pointed out, all kudos go to him for finding this link in the first place.

Anytime Wink

Such a shame I have been saving up for an Ez430 Chronos
Development watch. I'll just bookmark the Prizm link and get it later once I saved up enough, hopefully by then it will be even cheaper Laughing
I wish I had mooney to get one. Maybe it will still be up for my birthday.
AHelper wrote:
hehe, if most, if not all of the hardware is well-known, let me know!

<edit>

Ashbad: The library should work. A frontend just needs to display the nodes. I use sprintf, but anything that can print out floats and input strings of text will work.

This is offtopic, but perhaps send the source my way, and I can work out a port? Wink
just a quick question, what's the difference between the $45 fx-CG10 and the $123 FX-CG10-IH?
what is diferrence betwen this:

http://bit.ly/wf0ABC

and this:

http://bit.ly/xFL6Wl
which is exactly what I just asked Wink
AHelper wrote:
which is exactly what I just asked Wink

humm, the model PRIZM FX-CG10-IH is blue Surprised

Hmm, I didn't know that Blue was *THAT* much a lovely color Rolling Eyes
I seriously doubt that a blue color would cost $80... Razz

There must be some other change to cause a new model name.
I wonder what the IH suffix means, and if it's anything other than blue. Perhaps an entirely new hardware revision of some sort? This definitely bears further investigation of some sort.
there are other casio prizm model in stores like ebay: FX-CG10-IH-SC
helder7 wrote:
there are other casio prizm model in stores like ebay: FX-CG10-IH-SC
I might assume that the -SC indicates a school model of some sort, the way that TI has the yellow-encased school models? Also, to go on the earlier gCAS discussion, the code is open-source and freely available online. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours