I decided to take a small break from my RPG and design a new minigame. In this port of Rubik's Cube from Real Life to Casio Prizm, you view one side at a time, and you are able to freely switch between sides by pressing that side's number. You rotate the cube's sections by using the arrow keys to navigate an arrow positioned away from the cube's face until it's pointing in the direction you want to rotate, and from the section you want to rotate.

So far I have(In a single school day's work):
-Face display, which chooses the color of the squares based on variables in Mat G.
-Face switching
-Rotation(Selection done, 5/6 rotation directions programmed, none tested, heavy debugging probably to follow)
In other news, the rotation is totally fail.
Heavy debugging attempt now.
you will create a game similar to this? http://ax.itunes.apple.com/app/id361231506?mt=8
Can I safely assume that this is both Prizm BASIC and uses the calculator's color commands? I'd love to see this with spiffy pseudo-3D graphics as a C program; we should really teach you C. Smile
This actually sounds fairly easy. I should make one for the Ti 84+ except instead of Colors I will use numbers or patterns. Not as fun.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
This actually sounds fairly easy. I should make one for the Ti 84+ except instead of Colors I will use numbers or patterns. Not as fun.
Something like this, perhaps? This was a contest entry.

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=633
I attempted something like this once. It's going to be really nasty if you try to code for rotations around multiple faces of the cube. I suggest that you just code for how to rotate from one given side of the cube, and then code it so that when you turn the whole cube (i.e. to view a different side), it just turns all 3 sections at once.
KermMartian wrote:
Can I safely assume that this is both Prizm BASIC and uses the calculator's color commands? I'd love to see this with spiffy pseudo-3D graphics as a C program; we should really teach you C. Smile

It is in BASIC, uses color commands, and uses the home screen.
KermMartian wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Something like this, perhaps? This was a contest entry.

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=633
Was it? Lol, I can't remember Razz

Well, it's cool that there will be a rubik's cube for the prizm available, even thought I don't have one!
Be sure to get the colours correctly. Here are the colours and what's opposite to them:
white - yellow
green - blue
red - orange

And be sure that if white is at the top and blue is pointing towards you that red is on the left side. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours