Hi everyone!! Very Happy Very Happy

This is the first time I post in this community! I hope to post and help in the future if possible.

I have a problem with flib and expr instructions. I'm building a program for a course at college and I need to execute flib to display a message in the status line, but using the expr() instruction. It turns out that calc gives me an error saying "Missing )" and places the cursor immediately after the ":" character.

Do you guys think this is possible?
Thanks in advance
Charlie
Can you give us some more details? Are you talking about a TI-83+/84+ or the 89 series? I'm unfamiliar with flib; what is it?
maybe he's talking about this?
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/117/11770.html
yeongJIN_COOL wrote:
Very possible, especially since his mention of the status line makes me fairly confident that he's talking about TI-89 programming.
Oh! Sad I'm so sorry for the lack of information... Yes, I'm working with a Ti-89 Titanium and Flib is exactly what YeongJIN_Cool posted. It's an ASM program which allows you to extend or add more functionality to TI-Basic. It allows to display a message in the status bar (the bar which has the BUSY and BATT indicators) and other things like hide/unhide vars, APD setup, etc.

It turns out that flib receives a string as argument. The first part of this string is the action you want flib to do and the second part of it, corresponds to the arguments of that action. For example:

Code:
flib("slmsg: hello world ")

Prints "hello world" in the status line.

So, what I want to do is to print a string which is stored on a certain variable and so far, I've tried this:

Code:
expr("flib("slmsg:&a&")""" )

But that prints "&a&" and not the content of a.

Any idea?
Thanks in advance!
Charlie[/code]
Well, I can't help much, but I did notice that your expr() call had nested sets of quotation marks -- this could cause an interpretation flip out. Perhaps just try:

Code:
b = flib("slmsg:&a&")
expr(b)

to get the (seemingly) same result without messed up quotation mark matching.
It didn't work. The calc says "Error: Internal Error". This was what I tried:

Code:
flib("slmsg:"&a)->b

No luck Sad

Thanks for your answers Smile

Charlie Graphing Calculator

Update:
Okay. I'm almost done with this. I tried the following code:

Code:
expr("flib("slmsg: "" & string(a) & ")"  )

Imagine a is the string "abcd". So, it prints "abcd and not abcd. This is kind of little detail, but I would like to delete the " at the beginning of the printed string.

In conclusion, it works, but it prints the string with an annoying (for me) " character.

So, does anybody know how to delete this character?

Thanks for your answers.

Cheers!
Charlie

P.S. Note that a is a string by itself, but if I run this code without the string(a) instruction, it doesn't work.
No triple post. Baaaad Charlie.
I'm sorry.
CharlieMAC wrote:
I'm sorry.

'sall right, as long as you clean it up (put everything into the first post, delete the other two).
For some reason, I can't delete my posts Sad
CharlieMAC wrote:
For some reason, I can't delete my posts Sad

I wouldn't worry about it. You didn't know before, and now you know not to post so soon after no response (the time limit here is at least 24 hours). You won't be able to delete those posts because once someone posts after your post, you can't delete it. Wink
Okay. Thanks for the clarification! Smile
CharlieMAC wrote:
Okay. Thanks for the clarification! Smile

I've condensed the three posts for you Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours