Oh, ok. Sorry Smile
The only thing I can _possibly_ see is the _theta_POKE program - I'll experiment with it and figure it out.
lol, I know that if I show some emotion, you read it a bit more carefully. Wink good luck...
Which reminds me: are you using the include file format?

::DCS
:stuff
::A
:PROG1
:NAME2
:ZSUB3
:ETC4
::
:ProgramCode
:Return
Oh, so it automatically unarchives everything? No, I haven't set that up yet. To tell the truth, I forgot all about that... :embarassed:
lol...I have a vested interest, I want to make sure that feature still works, too. Smile
Ok, and just to make sure how that part works, can you please explain it... Smile
DCS header, new line, :A, new line, list of progs, one per line with no leading colon, then a colon newline, then the code.
No need for ::END?
No, I removed that after 4.0 Smile
Wait a second. I have that in there. Could that be what is makin the memory go away? Confused

I will try to investigate this tonight...
That could DEFINITELY be it - take it out and try again. OR I could just make it ignore all ::END lines - I should probably do that anyway for some of my old programs where I had the ::END.
lol, I will be so happy if that is it. Smile

I will let you know, I am going to lunch now, so I can check it out in about 30 mins...
OK. Trust me, I'll be overjoyed too. Smile
Sadly the error is still there. Crying
Noooo! I was really hopeful about that. Sad
One thing I noticed that was fixed from before, (from beta 1 to 3) was that when I started Pokemon, and when to the first menu, it erased the N in New, but now it no longer does that...

Could it be related?
Nope, that was a flag error that I fixed.
Kerm's Debug Notes:
1. As stated earlier, theta_poke causes no loss
2. prgmPOKEMON with a return right after the icon doesn't lose mem
3. Quitting from the main Pokemon menu _does_ cause the loss
4. Therefore, loss is from something between icon and main menu quit.
No, it is losing the mem somewhere in POKEMON, because of :

::DCS
:3C428199E7FF7E3C
::END
:AxesOff
:ClrDraw
:1->W
:24->B:56->C
:0->Xmin:0->Ymin
:94->Xmax:62->YMax
:Repeat getKey
:Asm(prgmPOKE
:End
:ClrDraw
:1->Z
:prgmZDW

That is the begining of POKEMON, I had forgotten to unarchive zdw, and it showed ERR:Archived. The memory loss had still happened.

So it is happening between the click on the icon, and ZDW...
I tested a random prog with :dcs, icon, :end, pause, and no leak, so I have confirmed that you were right, I guess I did add :END protection...

Edit: looked at my source code, apparently I did fix that, but I hadn't remembered. Very Happy
I am gonna take out thetapoke, see if that changes anything...

I keep looking at the code, and it doesn't look like anything should cause any problems...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours