Veeeerrry interesting.... OS and calc type?
84+ os 2.22? I am unsure of the os, I will try to confirm later.
That sounds right. K, I'll get on it.
swivelgames wrote:
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Kerm, first off:

Superb job with fixing the desktop error after running Pokemon! Good Idea

But you have a super/major problem on your hands.

I archived my pokemon progs, and did a complete RAM reset. I sent ADCS and ZDCS, and then unarchived:

Codex - 846
POKEMON - 400
ZDE - 30
ZDW - 229
ZWT - 18
θPOKE - 1181

Memory registered 14,934 bytes. Ran DCS and immediately exit, amount of RAM consitant. Ran DCS, Ran POKEMON, Exited out of both, memory dropped to 8,538 bytes. Repeated procedure, memory dropped down to 2,155 bytes.

I opened up the memory menu, and selected 2: and then 1:, and scrolled though the list. Nothing is out of the ordinary.

I have absolutely no idea where RAM is going, but it is going quick! I rearchive everything, the most memory I can get back is 11,403 bytes.

Tried playing Ztetris, got ERR:SYNTAX.

UltPong by you doesn't seem to cause problems, though running Pokemon by itself without dcs, does not cause any mem problems.

Thought you would like to know, and I hope you can understand it... Smile

I had the same exact problem but I resolved it, it was after ZDSC(5.4) had crashed and was deleted off my calc, apperrently what ever happend was because of DCS 5.4 . What you need to do is back everything up and then run a GarbageCollect, after that clear your whole calc then go and put the programs back on one by one, (Including apps, and veriables). Thats how I did it. It worked and I got all my RAM back. Laughing

I know its not your program becuase it happend with one of my Basic programs and another time with an ASM prog.
Confused
-Swivel

What you are not understanding is I had the memory loss problem with the last beta. He managed to fix one of the two problems that I was having. Now he just has to figure out what the second problem is...
Aye, I hope to find it.
Do you have a calc now that you can try to replicate the problem? Maybe someone at your school will loan you one, if you put games on it...?
nope, no school until the 16th. Sad
TI-Freak8x wrote:
What you are not understanding is I had the memory loss problem with the last beta. He managed to fix one of the two problems that I was having. Now he just has to figure out what the second problem is...

I understood that. I had the same problem with the first Beta. thats what I am talking about.

-Swivel
Ah sorry. Smile

We will just have to see what Kerm comes up with. I really wish I knew where that memory was going, so Kerm would be able to locate the problem faster...
I just cleared the RAM and it came all back. But if you tried that hopefuly theres another way.

-swivel
Yeah, same here...

I have narrowed it down somewhat Kerm:

::DCS
:3C428199E7FF7E3C
::END
:AxesOff
:ClrDraw
:1W
:24B:56C
:0Xmin:0Ymin
:94Xmax:62YMax
:Repeat getKey
:Asm(prgmPOKE
:End
:ClrDraw
:1Z
:prgmZDW

I had forgotten to unarchive ZDW, and it it had lost the memory, hope this helps.

Also, pressed Alpha twice, pressed clear, came back as ERR:BAD ADDRESS. Did it again, got a RAM Reset. Glad nothing on my game but the title program got deleted.

Ran _theta_POKE from DCS directly and it did not lose memory...
What happens if you try to run the following BASIC prog:

PROGRAM:TEST
:Asm(prgm_theta_POKE

?
I have a problem. I was using DCS last night, and it crashed on me (I believe I was working with folders at the time), and now my calc won't turn on. It flashes the screen and then dies. I tried new batteries, pulled all 5 and let it sit overnight, tried sending a new OS, nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
Pull all the batts, put all but one AAA back, hold DEL and CLEAR, and put the last batt in with the buttons held down. This should prompt you for an OS, and life should be good. That actually sounds to me like a hardware ROM failure, not a DCS error - can you be more specific what you were doing with folders at the time?
KermMartian wrote:
What happens if you try to run the following BASIC prog:

PROGRAM:TEST
:Asm(prgm_theta_POKE

?

Opps, forgot to reply...

Just running that does nothing abnormal. That is what I am saying, what ever is causing these problems, it is happening within the block of code I posted.
Hrm, what does prgmZDW do?
I got my calc to work. I don't know exactly what I was doing at the time, it was late.
It is the draw routine that I use for the signs and npcs... Smile It was archived, so it didn't access it.
Oh, you got err: archived?! That could be it...
Gah, you aren't listening! It happens anyways, whether it stops there, or can play the game completely! But it happened in prgmPOKEMON, before it reached prgmZDW! That is what I do not understand.

And did you even notice the other error I described?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours