Quote:
At long last, the final beta of the final version of Doors CS before it becomes an app has been released! Doors CS 5.4 Beta 3 contains a medley of feature additions and bugfixes over the two previous betas, including improved folder support, many stability improvements, several optimizations, and more. Most importantly, moving files and folders around the file system is now fully supported. Cemetech members (and in fact anyone else curious) can download it at the link below. Please post comments, suggestions, flames, worshipful prayers, death threats, etc etc at the Discuss link above.

Download:
Doors CS 5.4 Beta 3

Verified Bug Reports:
:: Syntax error when attempting MOS run.
:: BASIC RAM Leak
I should download and try it out.
Indeed you should. I'll get some screenies up, too.
rivereye wrote:
I should download and try it out.

I just did :p
...soooo, where are all the comments?? Very Happy
I got an error syntax when I tried to run a MOS program....at least it didn't crash. It seems to now think MOS programs are in basic or something
Error replicated; bug report added to first post.
I planned on checking if that error still exists with Pokemon, will let you know tonight. Smile
Project Page Updated:
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/members/doorscs.php
Rolling Eyes it still uses the 5.0.0 logo. And are you going to leave 5.4 available for TI-83 users after 5.5 and up is an app?
It looks to me that the v5.1 is the last one for the 83 users, everything past will probably just be +s...
5.1 Is indeed the last 83 release.
Kerm, first off:

Superb job with fixing the desktop error after running Pokemon! Good Idea

But you have a super/major problem on your hands.

I archived my pokemon progs, and did a complete RAM reset. I sent ADCS and ZDCS, and then unarchived:

Codex - 846
POKEMON - 400
ZDE - 30
ZDW - 229
ZWT - 18
θPOKE - 1181

Memory registered 14,934 bytes. Ran DCS and immediately exit, amount of RAM consitant. Ran DCS, Ran POKEMON, Exited out of both, memory dropped to 8,538 bytes. Repeated procedure, memory dropped down to 2,155 bytes.

I opened up the memory menu, and selected 2: and then 1:, and scrolled though the list. Nothing is out of the ordinary.

I have absolutely no idea where RAM is going, but it is going quick! I rearchive everything, the most memory I can get back is 11,403 bytes.

Tried playing Ztetris, got ERR:SYNTAX.

UltPong by you doesn't seem to cause problems, though running Pokemon by itself without dcs, does not cause any mem problems.

Thought you would like to know, and I hope you can understand it... Smile
hmm, interesting. is Pokemon a DCS BASIC Program? maybe I need to run a few of my programs through, see what I get
a mem-eating loop!?
rivereye wrote:
hmm, interesting. is Pokemon a DCS BASIC Program? maybe I need to run a few of my programs through, see what I get

Yes, it has the cool icon when viewed by dcs. Smile

I am wondering if it still doesn't have something to do with the rigview asm program...
maybe, just try running a rigview pic with nothing else, see what happens
Uh oh, this just got interesting... Sad

It didn't drop any memory by running the pic program...

NOW WTF?!? Mad

My programming couldn't be causing it, could it? :worried:
That is *really* weird, lemme see if I can duplicate this with my copy. Also, what's the model # and OS version you're using?
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Kerm, first off:

Superb job with fixing the desktop error after running Pokemon! Good Idea

But you have a super/major problem on your hands.

I archived my pokemon progs, and did a complete RAM reset. I sent ADCS and ZDCS, and then unarchived:

Codex - 846
POKEMON - 400
ZDE - 30
ZDW - 229
ZWT - 18
θPOKE - 1181

Memory registered 14,934 bytes. Ran DCS and immediately exit, amount of RAM consitant. Ran DCS, Ran POKEMON, Exited out of both, memory dropped to 8,538 bytes. Repeated procedure, memory dropped down to 2,155 bytes.

I opened up the memory menu, and selected 2: and then 1:, and scrolled though the list. Nothing is out of the ordinary.

I have absolutely no idea where RAM is going, but it is going quick! I rearchive everything, the most memory I can get back is 11,403 bytes.

Tried playing Ztetris, got ERR:SYNTAX.

UltPong by you doesn't seem to cause problems, though running Pokemon by itself without dcs, does not cause any mem problems.

Thought you would like to know, and I hope you can understand it... Smile

I had the same exact problem but I resolved it, it was after ZDSC(5.4) had crashed and was deleted off my calc, apperrently what ever happend was because of DCS 5.4 . What you need to do is back everything up and then run a GarbageCollect, after that clear your whole calc then go and put the programs back on one by one, (Including apps, and veriables). Thats how I did it. It worked and I got all my RAM back. Laughing

I know its not your program becuase it happend with one of my Basic programs and another time with an ASM prog.
Confused
-Swivel

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours