Pack 0 addins for fx9860 and for casio prizm

Have fun Smile
I'm going to go out on a very short limb here and say this almost certainly violates the licenses of multiple things contained within- just on a quick check, you're certainly violating the license of Physium.

Just at a glance, I also question the utility of having both Periodic and Physium- this strikes me more as a simple set of everything you could find, rather than a curated collection. I challenge you to justify the utility of your product!
Every one of the things by Casio in there violates their copyright from what I understand.

EDIT:

Quote:

SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT by downloading the software, YOU HAVE AGREED to the requirements of this License Agreement

You may not market, distribute, rent, assign, loan, or transfer copies of the Software or electronically transfer the Software from one computer to another over a network.
Software -> SDK, Fa-124, CASIO Picture Conversion Engine, casio calculator os...

addin isnt a software...
there are much sites share casio addins, like casigo.de, casiokingdom.org
helder7 wrote:
addin isnt a software

Add-ins are most definitely software. Quoth the Wikipedia,

Quote:
Computer software, or just software, is a collection of computer programs and related data that provide the instructions for telling a computer what to do and how to do it.

Nevermore. Software is anything that tells the computer to do something; all programs, operating systems, kernels, add-ins, applications, anything of that nature -- *IS* software.

EDIT:

Quote:

Keep in mind they usually only share non-Casio branded software; these sites hold 3rd-party software that has been uploaded by the respective authors. If they do share Casio brand software, then they too break the license; just because you aren't caught by Casio, doesn't mean you are in the right Wink
Add-ins are most definitely software, what makes you think otherwise? Razz Those sites are probably violating the licenses of the add-ins' owners as well; just because they are doing it doesn't mean it's okay.
if you want to delete the topic

almost all the casio calculators sites distribute the add ins casio

see here

http://casiokingdom.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloadcomments&cid=29&lid=202&ttitle=Physiu

http://casiokingdom.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=29&lid=203&ttitle=Geometr

http://casigo.de/index.php?module=detail&m=3&t=2&q=physium&cid=888

http://casigo.de/index.php?module=detail&m=3&t=2&q=geometry&cid=887

http://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/programmes/programme1779-1-physium-Casio-cours.html

there are more...
helder7 wrote:
Software -> SDK, Fa-124, CASIO Picture Conversion Engine, casio calculator os...

addin isnt a software...

Uh, yeah, add-ins are software. I am pretty sure they are not hardware Razz Code, programs, OSs, anything pretty much virtual is software

"Computer software, or just software, is a collection of computer programs and related data that provide the instructions for telling a computer what to do and how to do it."
software is a term somewhat abstract and each can have an interpretation of it.

Wikipedia is not the best place to find information. Anyone can edit articles in it.
helder7 wrote:

Wikipedia is not the best place to find information. Anyone can edit articles in it.

The meaning is not that abstract in reality. Could you possibly question a very small group of things being software? Perhaps. Can you argue something like an add-in is? Nope. Think about it like is: if an addin is not software, does that mean that things like the Casio SDK, image conversion program, etc. that you listed are not software? They both have computer instructions that tell the computer how to operate, they both have icons, they both have licenses, they both aren't physical hardware...

And, if you don't like the definition on wikipedia, dictionary.com provides a synonymous one: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/software

Sorry to be blunt, but we must clear any misconceptions that you have ASAP Smile
To restate what everyone else has already said, Add-Ins are definitely software. Some things that people may say are "software" can be debated. Like, for instance, I think that there was even a debate as to whether digital movies were software or not (they tell the computer what to do based on the data that is saved in them), which would also apply to Java bytecode (None of the code runs on the CPU itself, but its data still tells the CPU what to do). But, there is no doubt that code that runs on the CPU itself is software, which is exactly what an Add-In is.

I notice that your OS is set to use Spanish as the language. Is there perhaps a language barrier here, out of curiosity? Either way, you should Introduce Yourself! and tell us a little bit more about you Smile
Maybe add in a script that will show the license, and if the user agrees, then download the addins from casio's website directly? You aren't distributing or transferring the actual file, just the URL.

Smile
helder7 wrote:

Perhaps, but I am pretty sure that is the definition of it, roughly 2 years now of computer programming should rub off SOME information on me Wink

But if you persist,

Quote:
Computers . the programs used to direct the operation of a computer, as well as documentation giving instructions on how to use them. Compare hardware ( def. 5 ) .

This is what I believe the add-ins do. And even then, what can the add-ins be? The add-ins are pretty much just programs from what I can tell, and generally programs are software.... I mean, they sure aren't hardware Razz

source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/software
Let me point out that by re-distributing my Obliterate game you're also violating the license for that. It would have been one thing if you asked nicely, I probably would have said I was happy to allow repackaging, but since you did it without asking, I must take a much stricter attitude.

Edit:
Quote:

addin isnt a software...
The difference is that the authors themselves uploaded their programs and get their own credit. You're sharing other people's work without giving them any attribution.
KermM, I hate to point this out, but you did not distribute a copyright notice in the prizm zip file, the project page, nor in the g3a itself. The g3a does have "Kerm Martian...April 2011", but did not specify terms or license. You might want to add it to clear up confusion.

Just pointing it out
In almost every jurisdiction, lack of a license is not carte blanche to abuse my intellectual property, and laws everywhere in the US and in much of the rest of the civilized world would support the implicit copyright of an unsold creative work. I find that argument to be completely and utterly devoid of any merit whatsoever.
I know that even if no license is specified it is still protected, I am just saying that it doesn't specify what you want people to be able to do with it. Distribute with or without attribution, modifications, etc..
AHelper wrote:
I know that even if no license is specified it is still protected, I am just saying that it doesn't specify what you want people to be able to do with it. Distribute with or without attribution, modifications, etc..
Somewhere around here I have a global license that specifies that no redistribution, no modifications, no repackaging, and no reverse-engineering are allowed on any of my projects without express written consent or unless the program's license specifies less restrictive terms; I'll have to make it more prominent. That's just common courtesy and common sense, too; anyone who assumes they can do whatever they want with others' code is a scumbag in my book.
Quote:
Somewhere around here I have a global license that specifies that no redistribution, no modifications, no repackaging, and no reverse-engineering are allowed on any of my projects without express written consent or unless the program's license specifies less restrictive terms; I'll have to make it more prominent.

I'm agree, but if you gived your source codes, you may help people for their own projects.
Yes, I know, which is why I distribute source code to anyone who asks nicely that I trust not to do evil things, for my ASM and C programs. For some of my ASM programs, I distribute the source anyway. And of course BASIC source code is obligatorily provided with all my BASIC programs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours