Kingdom of Stars is an online futuristic RPG a couple of friends and I are making together, but the problem is that it's currently just a three man team. We're looking for volunteers to help with the gameplay, the graphics and the website. If anyone wants to help with any of that that would be great. We are taking three gameplay coders, two graphic artists and two website managers. If you want to join please post your Email, what part you would like to take ,and an example of your work if possible.
Not to burst your bubble, but up front I can tell you that requests like this might draw a few very inexperienced people to your table, but nothing else. No one would want to join a game project that is purely conceptual and has no signs of being profitable yet. So it's unlikely this project will acquire the developers you need until there's a decent amount of progress already that has the showing of being lucrative. Perhaps if you tell us some concepts, show us some simple designs, and maybe some gameplay in action I'll change my perspective Wink
Well Ashbad to tell you the truth me and my friends aren't very experienced ether and that's why we are looking for some helper. for starters I cant even make a simple login and second the game is guna be so simple that by game play I mean a GUI for the turn based multiplayer battling (there will not be any actual online world to walk around in just a gui). So in the basic we just want a very simple online RPG. I need help with the coding and graphic that's all.
spud2451 wrote:
Well Ashbad to tell you the truth me and my friends aren't very experienced ether and that's why we are looking for some helper. for starters I cant even make a simple login and second the game is guna be so simple that by game play I mean a GUI for the turn based multiplayer battling (there will not be any actual online world to walk around in just a gui). So in the basic we just want a very simple online RPG. I need help with the coding and graphic that's all.

Well, to be honest then, with a description like that you won't really draw in any serious, experienced developers into the team -- what's the incentive of working with people who know next to nothing of what will be required? However, you could ask for help in order to get yourself onto your feet and rolling with this, so that you could make a proper recruitment proposal later on after a prototype of some sort has been worked out Wink
spud2451 wrote:

See, it sounds like what you're saying is: "We have an idea, so we'd like people to make it for us because we don't know how".

Ashbad is right: if you want people to work with you, you should first try to learn some of the needed skills and make a prototype. Then, once people can see that you actually have some idea what you're doing and are making a serious commitment to this project, they might be willing to volunteer time.
Well I've started on the multi player world an have the battle engine done. Plus I've switched it to a language I know to a good enough point that all I need now is some spriters. So I do have progress on the battle engine and the multi player world but there's still a lot to do.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours