So, I figured since we had a depressing thread, we should have an equal and opposite, happy thread Smile

I'll go ahead and start us off, since I am in a super-good mood, today. I've come out to two people at my school, now (both friends and girls, FWIW). I first told my friend the other day, after school, and she basically responded with "Oh, good luck, I know it's hard." Which went waay better than I had planned, considering I had forgotten she had already known about trans* issues.

And then, yesterday, at lunch, I told another friend about it, though she thought that I wasn't being serious. However, I told her again today and confirmed that I really _am_ serious about it all, and she is totally accepting! I had thought that she would be less accepting than she was (Mostly because, and this is definitely biased, she's Christian and goes to youth groups, and I forgot what our church was like...). We talked for almost all of lunch, and for and hour and a half after school, and it was great Smile I love my friends so much!
That's awesome, Catherine! Very Happy My life is awesome right now because I've had this entire week off from school for spring break, which gives me a lot of time for programming, watching anime, playing TF2, and preparing for the AP Human Geography exam. Smile
_player1537 wrote:
And then, yesterday, at lunch, I told another friend about it, though she thought that I wasn't being serious. However, I told her again today and confirmed that I really _am_ serious about it all, and she is totally accepting! I had thought that she would be less accepting than she was (Mostly because, and this is definitely biased, she's Christian and goes to youth groups, and I forgot what our church was like...). We talked for almost all of lunch, and for and hour and a half after school, and it was great Smile I love my friends so much!

Hey now, we aren't all WBC Wink I'm glad your friends are supportive, I can definitely understand why that's a huge encouragement - and I suspect this community more than most can understand what it's like to have part of your identity carry a social stigma (though to a much lesser degree than what I'm sure you have to deal with). In any case, good post, and a good thread Smile

I'm feeling good for a couple of reasons - my housing situation worked out perfectly for the fall, and because I'm living in a college-owned apartment with a kitchen, I'll save a few thousand on the meal plan, and my parents have agreed to redirect some of that into grocery funds, including a CSA Share to split with my housemates. And I finally found some other strategy-game nerds on campus, and we're going to try and arrange a Broodwar tournament after break.
We had cheeseburger sliders and Jack Daniels Chocolate Froyo today at work - it was awesome. I got to drive on Laguna Seca this past Monday, totally epic. Just need to get some track time at Infineon Raceway and I'll have done the 3 tracks in the area.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Just need to get some track time at Infineon Raceway and I'll have done the 3 tracks in the area.

Find time to do it, you won't regret it. The stock car circuit isn't as much fun as the street course variant, though.
I just got out of my programming lull, and figured out how to graph a reimunns sum graph with all the partitions AND IT IS STILL half the size of my teachers program that does the same thing. And his uses labels, and lots of bad programming techniques..

Seperate from that, its a Friday, which is good enough to be happy about. The girl I am going after dumped her boy friend and is a lot more friendly towards me. Even though she says " I am not going to date for a long time" We all know that means that she is just a decent person. So, the world is looking up for me.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
The girl I am going ... says " I am not going to date for a long time"

Same here. Things are looking optimistic for us from my point of view, which I hope is mutual. Time will tell Smile Best of luck.
Thanks. Best of luck to you as well.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Find time to do it, you won't regret it. The stock car circuit isn't as much fun as the street course variant, though.

Oh, believe me, I *will* drive on it - if not this year then next. I just need to find an open track day that still has spots available. Neither of the two groups I've run with for Thunderhill and Laguna Seca have any Infineon days, so I need to find another group that does. Neither time off from work nor money is the problem here Wink In a couple years I also plan to drive on the Nürburgring (need to wait until I'm old enough to rent a race car in Germany :/ ).
My life will be significantly more awesome once I finish my Depth Qualification Exam, so I'm looking forward to that. As far as awesomeness, the weather is getting warmer and the days are getting longer, so what's to dislike there?
KermMartian wrote:
My life will be significantly more awesome once I finish my Depth Qualification Exam, so I'm looking forward to that. As far as awesomeness, the weather is getting warmer and the days are getting longer, so what's to dislike there?

Down near DC right now, the weather's low has been in the 60's, during this time of the year where we would still be in the 30's and 40's and be getting some decent snow action. Not bad at all, if I do say so myself.
I have a Prizm, what else do I need?
zeldaking wrote:

Sorry guys, you can't beat this one.
Ashbad wrote:
zeldaking wrote:

Sorry guys, you can't beat this one.

Haha of course.
Kllrnohj wrote:
In a couple years I also plan to drive on the Nürburgring (need to wait until I'm old enough to rent a race car in Germany :/ ).

The 8 mile or the short track? I'd hope the short track since you'd likely get just a few laps in otherwise. I love the longer course, but my only experience has been through simulations. I was able to do the long course in around 6 minutes (maybe 8, it's been awhile since then) using the hypothetical Redbull 2011 X1 on Gran Turismo 5; that "car" isn't even fair to use against others.
comicIDIOT wrote:
The 8 mile or the short track? I'd hope the short track since you'd likely get just a few laps in otherwise. I love the longer course, but my only experience has been through simulations. I was able to do the long course in around 6 minutes (maybe 8, it's been awhile since then) using the hypothetical Redbull 2011 X1 on Gran Turismo 5; that "car" isn't even fair to use against others.

The 8 mile of course. They do open track days on it. I think you just get one lap at a time, though. Of course you can go back out multiple times in one day. And it took you 6 minutes in the X1? Total granny driving. It can be done in less than 3 minutes 30 seconds in that car.

Another reason my life is awesome - I'm going to Las Vegas for a week next month, mainly for IPL4 and the GSTL finals. Yay disposable income!
Kllrnohj wrote:
Another reason my life is awesome - I'm going to Las Vegas for a week next month, mainly for IPL4 and the GSTL finals. Yay disposable income!

I'm jealous - take pictures. Do you know who's casting yet?
elfprince13 wrote:
I'm jealous - take pictures. Do you know who's casting yet?

According to the Liquidpedia post it is CatsPajamas, Doa, HDStarCraft, PainUser, TotalBiscuit, dApollo, and maybe more. Not sure who might be in the "maybe more", but given GOM's involvement I would assume they are bringing their casters for the GSTL finals as well. Looks like I signed up just in time, too. Tickets seem to be sold out now (I purchased mine last night - yes I totally impulse purchased a vacation at 2am).
Kllrnohj wrote:
Yay disposable income!

Kllrnohj wrote:
Neither time off from work nor money is the problem here Wink

You like flaunt that don't you Wink Why not invest in Stocks, Bonds and CD's? It'll make for a nice, cushy retirement on top of what you have going for you at Google. Possibly an early retirement if you're so inclined.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Yay disposable income!

Kllrnohj wrote:
Neither time off from work nor money is the problem here Wink

You like flaunt that don't you Wink Why not invest in Stocks, Bonds and CD's? It'll make for a nice, cushy retirement on top of what you have going for you at Google. Possibly an early retirement if you're so inclined.

Why would anyone retire from that everlasting party? Razz

Though on a non-"Envy Kllrnohj" note, thanks Souvik and Elfprince! And, yeah, I didn't really have very high hopes for it (I usually go between absolute-best and absolute-worst, not much in-between). But, it mostly stems from being in Tennessee Razz Unfortunately, I won't see my friends until next week, as we are having our Spring Break right now, and I'm going to Charleston, SC for a FIRST Robotics competition, where I will do _nothing_ for the three or four days I'll be there. But, oh well, I'll just play TF2 for another 8 hours straight Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours