Should I have properties pop up? So the board would disappear, and the property displays
Yes
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other. Explain in the thread
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Well, I was thinking B&W Because I plan on showing the entire board in a 62X62 window. So not sure what a good size would be. If I have about 5 squares per window, it will take a lot more drawing, but it is doable. It would teach me a lot. So I am not really sure yet.

Edit: The sketches look good.
my new code, I need help with the pong animation

Code:
:0→Xmin
:‾63→Ymin
:94→Xmax
:0→Ymax
:ClrDraw
:Shade(‾63,0,0,94,4
:"?[[[['Î┼oJJJ/[[Q!χx√(x√(x√(x√(χ!Q[[ 6 [[[QQQY2x√(1J□[[Y2+JJ+2?i≥≥≥i?Xx√(JJ^iY 6 [[[QQQi2≥χ!χ≥2[[[[[[[[[[[[) [[[[□21ç≥≥≥)[.!1JJJJJJ1!.[.!ç≥≥≥ç!.□21≥≥≥≥[[6iJJi6.!.66666iJJi6[.!ç≥≥≥ç!.[[[/X/[[[[[[[[[[[[[[)                                                                                                "→Str2
:Asm(prgmTESTTTTT
:For(X,0,94
:Text(5,X,sub(Str2,X+96,1
:Text(0,X,sub(Str2,X+1,1
:If Ans="J
:Pxl-On(9,X
:End
:Horizontal 0
:Vertical 0
:Vertical 94
:Vertical 93
:StorePic 5
:det(20,"21F5893E08AE77C9

//From here
:While 1
:Text(30,30,"NEWGAME
:Text(40,30,"CONINUE
:1→Z
:1→Y
:40→θ
:1→V
:Repeat Ans=105
:getKey→K
:If K=25
:Then
:Text(40,25,"   
:Text(30,25,"►
:0→X
:If K=34
:Text(30,25,"   
:Text(40,25,"►
:1→X
:Text(θ,Z-Y,"   
:Text(θ,Z,"$
:rand(2
:If Z≥94 xor Z≤0
:‾Y→Y
:If Z≥25 and Z≤60 and θ≤46 and θ≥25
:‾Y→Y
:‾V→V
:If θ≤10 xor θ≥258
:‾V→V
:Z+Y→Z
:θ+V→θ
// to here is pong code.
:If not(X
:"DELETE ALL VARS"
:Pause "NEW GAME"
:If X=1
:Pause "CONTINUE"
I made it slightly interactive (press [+]/[–]):

Code:
:31→A:Ans→C
:47→B:Ans→D
:1→U:1→V:1→W
:ClrDraw
:Repeat 0
:getKey→K
:min(9,max(-9,W+(K=95)-(K=85→W
:Text(-1,C,D,"░
:Text(-1,A,B,"$
:If 28<abs(A+UW-28:-U→U
:If 45<abs(B+VW-45:-V→V
:A→C:Ans+UW→A
:B→D:Ans+VW→B
Thanks weregoose. I was having some major problems with that.

Is that box after the Text(-1,C,D," Line a black box? Or is it just a space?
How is Calcopoly going
It is at a standstill at the moment. I have started rewriting my mathpack with calculus programs for class. I will start back up in a couple weeks or so.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Thanks weregoose. I was having some major problems with that.

Is that box after the Text(-1,C,D," Line a black box? Or is it just a space?

He uses those to infer a space is there, since otherwise it would be difficult for you to know how many spaces there should be.
oh ok. Thanks tifreak, I should implement that code. but I need to finish my edits on mathpack, and do some testing for the dcs wiki. Sometimes I wish there was 48 hours in a day.
Ok. I MAY Start this back soon. My mathpack is giving me fits, so I will probably start back up on this. I just need to:
1. implement that pong code from weregoose.
2. Draw out the board. (how should I do this)
a.Have the entire board in view, making my sprites about 4pixels big, or,
b. Have a scrolling board with about 5 properties per "window" and have about 10X10 or so for sprites.
3. Draw Sprits, or use nicks.
4. Draw out the dice
5. Implement gameplay
6.Test
7. Release beta.
I probably have a lot of information you could use if you want, i started writing a Monopoly game (in asm) in November for zContest:

(In the image, player sprites are currently allocated randomly, so sometimes the two test players have the same sprite.)

I've also got some pretty board pictures that someone (i think Calv!n?) drew for me several years ago, like this one:

The sprites are a little too big and clumsy for me (16x32).
Thanks. I am thinking about making my board like the bottom one, I just cant use your because I am remaking to board with calculator sprites and properties and such. Which board do the rest of you think I should use?
I'm sorry that you didn't get a chance to make a Cemetech Contest 8 entry, Aes, but I'm hopeful that you'll get back to working on this now. Chickendude, thanks very much for sharing those excellent pieces!
Yes I will work on this again soon. I am rewriting my mathpack with What I have learned and I am optimizing it, the first test program is done, and I know what I am doing. So the rest should be easy. I plan on getting back to this in a week.

Edit: I dont really like arcade games, plus I really dont understand tilemapping, it makes NO sense to me. I know how to move sprites and such, that is very easy.
UPDATE:
I have implemented the code that Weregoose helped (well supplied for me) and it works great! I just have to change and set limits so it does not overwrite my text, I need it to bounce off text, and remove the variable speed, since for some reason, (probably the double GetKey in my loop) it does not work, and i Dont really need it for this project anyway, maybe for something else.

Side note! (Kerm we need to edit polls more than once) Who here likes the idea of adding some interesting easter eggs into the game, cheat codes fun animations and the such? I already have a good idea for them and they would be hard to find, ( i wont tell you anything except that they can use all keys except for 2nd, alpha, enter, arrows and on. All else if free game, They would be inputted on the main title screen)

SO what do you think of the idea? Yes, no, terrible? Other (explain). Also you can only use 1 cheat at a time, some would be obivious some not so much.. Example, (not sure if I will really do this) 999million money, easy to see, A slight variation in a sprite, or a new sprite to choose from, easy. A change in the odds of a dice roll (loaded dice) Not so easy to spot.
Easter eggs are always good, but you should make them as hidden as possible (and not documented), in my opinion. That will make them fun to find and for the majority of people who won'yt know about them or find them, won't ruin the fame for them by being accidentally triggered. Smile
Yes I plan on them using a combination of all keys, about 7 keys long, non documented. and i can duplicate keys, so there are hmm, *pulls out calculator* well my calculator froze, so 43^7 combinations.
I am thinking about giving up Calculator programming. I just fell out of love for Ti Basic, and dont really have time for Z80. If I end up getting a Casio Prizm I may program on that, and learn C. Since C I can use on a lot of other things.

So if anyone wants the source to Calcopoly. I can get it to you.. actually I have no work done since the most resent code I posted here. So feel free to grab that code, and use it.

Also, Yes I know I can program C on the ti84++, but from what I have heard, its not really worth the hassle.
OK so I may have unintentionally lied.. My Calculus class is starting intergrals, and that is something I started a program for at the beginning of the year when out teacher showed us a small piece of it. So, I will finish that, and I may do more math programs, but gaming is just not my thing, not yet anyway. I may write more games later on, but calcopoly is dead. Sorry for all those who wanted this released. I _may_ pick it up again at a later date. I just dont want to get all your hopes up too much, since it is very possible it will not happen. I will still allow anyone else to pick this up if they feel the desire.
Quote:
Also, Yes I know I can program C on the ti84++, but from what I have heard, its not really worth the hassle.
Yeah, it's really not at all; the programs are huge, and it's only worthwhile imho if you are writing something like an OS (/me looks at AHelper). I'm sad to hear that you're discontinuing this project; I do hope you'll pick it up one day.
Yea. I just dont seem to have the hang of games, and sprites. I more enjoy making my teachers programs look and do exactly the same thing as mine do, except mine are smaller, faster, and more user friendly. As is the case with my reimuns Sum Program. I just need to figure out how to graph it.. Its doable I think.

My main frustration, is that all the big optimizing technics I have learned, are not really useable in the real world. For example, boolean algebra in the middle of a line, is not really useable (at least not in VB.net). Which is a lot like C# as I have heard. It may be useable in C++, and probably C. VB.net can use _some_ but not to the extent that TI Basic can. So far, I prefer much lower level languages.

Any who, that is really off topic. Oh well.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours