Should I have properties pop up? So the board would disappear, and the property displays
Yes
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other. Explain in the thread
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

I am trying to do that, I just need the If and Ans memnonics to help with that first. Catherine said she would post here when she learned something. I tried looking them up, but I must be using google wrong, because I found nothing.
OP, meet Opcode list, Opcode list, meet OP: http://www.z80.info/z80oplist.txt

for if statements, you generally just use cp (compare) statements followed by a jump. For example, this code in TI-BASIC:

Code:
0->A
If A:Then
A+1->A
End

In z80 Assembly, a similar chunk of code, would be:

Code:
   xor a // a == 0
   cp 0
   jr z, NotTrue // if register A is zero, jump to the NotTrue Label
                     // like how jumping past the if block to the End would
                     // be like
   inc a;
NotTrue:       // end label

Using opcodes (strongly recommended against), it would be:

Code:
AF...28013C
So I will try that. I will probably make it with opcodes just for now until I learn how to use z80 ASM to do all that fun stuff I need. Thanks for the help ashbad. If I find some time tonight I will get a draft going. Which reminds me. I need to download the DCS SDK for fedora.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
So I will try that. I will probably make it with opcodes just for now until I learn how to use z80 ASM to do all that fun stuff I need.

Opcodes *ARE* z80 assembly, and I was only giving you a list of them to daunt you out of it, same with the example. Don't use it, as you can see, it's very cryptic working with unnamed hEx equates for the instructions. Trust me, use the DSC SDK's asm tools, and you'll be 10000% happier.
Ok. I did not know the DCS SDK had those things in there. and I have the list of opcodes, it was not very daunting. haha. Thanks though.
Also, to use the Ans variable in ASM, use the bcall _RclAns.
Thanks souvik. That will help a lot.
Hey. Screen shot time! I have my title screen working.

Now. Should I have those dollar signs move like they are now, or randomly. If it is random, it move one space in either direction from where it is to start with. So it moves sorta in a line instead of all over the place. Not sure how I could do that though.
As for the above. Weregoose gave me the idea to make the dollar sign a pong like animation, So I will try that, and have it Bounce off of the text in the middle and at the top. I will work on that next. I tried my hand at sprite drawing and I stink. Could someone here help me with sprites? I dont know if I should use the original monopoly pieces or if I should use new sprites. I personally dont really care on way or the other, I will leave that choice up to whoever decides to help.

I was thinking 5x5 pixels for the sprites. I am planning on having the entire board on the screen, so That may be a bit big or small I am not really sure. but 5X5 should work.
Title screen is looking cool! Smile
I love the title screen to
Thanks a bunch, You have no idea how encouraging that is. I hope to finish it in a month or two. Right now I am looking for help with the sprites, and I am drawing out the board. In between remaking my derivative program and Drawing the monopoly board I am making the card program.
this looks good, seems quite a tricky task to make it, thumbs up Smile
for what sprites do you need help? i really wanna help if you need it..
well the only sprites I need help with are the monopoly pieces, that move around the board representing players. (for now) I may need help with some aspects of the board later. So it is mostly up to you, if you want to keep the original pieces (A.K.A Money bag, top hat, dog, car etc.) of if you want to make something a little more themed like calculators. Totally up to you.

Also today if I find time I plan on remaking the title screen for the Dollar signs to have a pong effect.
Ok I am trying to get the pong effect on the title screen. This is the code I have so far it just bounces back and forth, which is a good start.

Code:

Repeat Ans=105
getKey->K
Text(theta,Z,:$
Text(Theta,Z-Y,"___
If Z>=94 xor (Z<=60
Then
randInt(Z+1,Z-1)->Z
End
1->Y
Then
If not(Z) xor Z>=25
randInt(Z+1,Z-1)->Z
-1->Y
End
If Theta<=0 xor ((Theta>=30 and theta<=46)
Then
Randint(theta+1, Theta-1)->theta
1->V
End
If Theta >=64 xor Theta<=

//crap. I just had a major brain lag and now I dont remember what the rest was. I was about to hit submit when I had this code perfect when my mom closed the tab. Parents. I will post for now and then finish it later if I can.

Either way that only bounces diagonally, not sure how to make it go everywhere like pong.
Pong wasn't "everywhere." It went a certain trajectory based on where it hit the paddle. You're best bet would be to get a random integer from 0 to 80 and somehow use that integer to get the deflection angle for the text off the paddle. I'm not familiar with how it's done but you'll likely have to do some work in RAD equations or something.
Sorry. I need to stop making posts when I am tired. I was wanting that, but, I also thought of another way for it to work. I could always have it start one place above or below like I am now, then just have it go diagonal each time. Not quite pong but its close.

Note: gah. I need to comment my code better.
how big must the sprites be, and BW, greyscale..?
and what viewing angle (above, aside..)?

here's a preview of a fast scetch
I was thinking an above view, Just black is fine as this is Ti Basic. and I was thinking 5x5 pixels. What do you meant by BW?
black and white
euh, 5x5 is very small, that will be hard to show what it is xs but i'll try it

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours