Should I have properties pop up? So the board would disappear, and the property displays
Yes
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other. Explain in the thread
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Yay a fan! Thanks Krazy. I am working on it right now, It may take a month to get finished.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Yay a fan! Thanks Krazy. I am working on it right now, It may take a month to get finished.

Thats okay, I can wait. (Seeing as I have to wait for some solo sheet music to come, that will take 2-3 weeks or more)
Ok. I am shooting for 1 month, I am practicing all new things so it may take longer. I am using lists for just about everything that uses long term storage. Which may end up with 5 - god knows how many lists. I know at least 1 per player, max of 4. Just since 8 would run out of screen space. Each property will have a list, or there will be a property list with every 5 elements belonging to a property. I have not quite worked that all out yet. First thing is redoing the title screen and changing the name to calcopoly. Which should not take to long, since I am getting a lot better with on calc art.
Here are the cards. Community chest and Chance. Which will probably change those names also. Just to get as far from monopoly as possible

Code:
Polopoly Community Chest:

* You RCL To Rename prgmAAA - Collect 100 Bytes
* From Release Of Beta - You Get 45 Bytes
* Trial Version Expires - Pay 50 Bytes
* Press ON - (Collect 200 Bytes)
* Syntax Error In Your Favor - Collect 200 Bytes
* You Are Assessed For Bug Fixing - 40 Bytes Per Patch - 115 Bytes Per Revision
* Receive For Program Commissions 25 Bytes
* Get Your Calculator Back, Free - This Card May Be Kept Until Needed Or Sold
* P.O.T.Y. Opening - Collect 50 Bytes From Every Player For Campaign Efforts
* Calculator Gets Confiscated - Go Directly To Detention - Do Not Press ON - Do Not Collect 200 Bytes
* You Have Won Second Prize In A Programming Contest - Collect 10 Bytes
* Pay Variable Tax Of 150 Bytes
* Program Deleted - Pay 100 Bytes
* Subroutine Finished - Collect 20 Bytes
* Memory Backup Made - Collect 100 Bytes
* External Map UnArchived - Collect 100 Bytes

Polopoly Chance:

* Press On - (Collect 200 Bytes)
* You Program During Class - Collect 50 Bytes
* You Have Been Elected Moderator Of The Message Board - Pay Each Player 50 Bytes
* Make General Repairs On All Your Programs - For Each Patch Pay 25 Bytes - For Each Revision 100 Bytes
* Memory Leak Fixed - Pay 15 Bytes
* You Break Your Program - Go Back 3 Spaces
* Your TIOS Gets Updated - Collect 150 Bytes
* Go Directly To Detention - Do Not Press ON, Do Not Collect 200 Bytes
* This Card May Be Kept Until Needed Or Sold - Get Your Calculator Back, Free
* (2x) Advance Token To The Nearest Website And Pay Owner Twice The Rental To Which He Is Otherwise Entitled. If Website Is Unowned, You May Buy It From The Store.
* Post A Program To Cemetech - If You Press ON Collect 200 Bytes
* Advance Token To Nearest Utility. If UNOWNED You May Buy It From The Store. If OWNED, Throw Dice And Pay Owner A Total Ten Times The Amount Thrown.
* Advance To <St. Charles Place> - If You Press ON, Collect 200 Bytes
* Advance to <Illinois Ave.>
* Write A Program On The TI-84+SE - Advance Token to TI-84+SE
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Here are the cards. Community chest and Chance. Which will probably change those names also. Just to get as far from monopoly as possible

Code:
Polopoly Community Chest:

* You RCL To Rename prgmAAA - Collect 100 Bytes
* From Release Of Beta - You Get 45 Bytes
* Trial Version Expires - Pay 50 Bytes
* Press ON - (Collect 200 Bytes)
* Syntax Error In Your Favor - Collect 200 Bytes
* You Are Assessed For Bug Fixing - 40 Bytes Per Patch - 115 Bytes Per Revision
* Receive For Program Commissions 25 Bytes
* Get Your Calculator Back, Free - This Card May Be Kept Until Needed Or Sold
* P.O.T.Y. Opening - Collect 50 Bytes From Every Player For Campaign Efforts
* Calculator Gets Confiscated - Go Directly To Detention - Do Not Press ON - Do Not Collect 200 Bytes
* You Have Won Second Prize In A Programming Contest - Collect 10 Bytes
* Pay Variable Tax Of 150 Bytes
* Program Deleted - Pay 100 Bytes
* Subroutine Finished - Collect 20 Bytes
* Memory Backup Made - Collect 100 Bytes
* External Map UnArchived - Collect 100 Bytes

Polopoly Chance:

* Press On - (Collect 200 Bytes)
* You Program During Class - Collect 50 Bytes
* You Have Been Elected Moderator Of The Message Board - Pay Each Player 50 Bytes
* Make General Repairs On All Your Programs - For Each Patch Pay 25 Bytes - For Each Revision 100 Bytes
* Memory Leak Fixed - Pay 15 Bytes
* You Break Your Program - Go Back 3 Spaces
* Your TIOS Gets Updated - Collect 150 Bytes
* Go Directly To Detention - Do Not Press ON, Do Not Collect 200 Bytes
* This Card May Be Kept Until Needed Or Sold - Get Your Calculator Back, Free
* (2x) Advance Token To The Nearest Website And Pay Owner Twice The Rental To Which He Is Otherwise Entitled. If Website Is Unowned, You May Buy It From The Store.
* Post A Program To Cemetech - If You Press ON Collect 200 Bytes
* Advance Token To Nearest Utility. If UNOWNED You May Buy It From The Store. If OWNED, Throw Dice And Pay Owner A Total Ten Times The Amount Thrown.
* Advance To <St. Charles Place> - If You Press ON, Collect 200 Bytes
* Advance to <Illinois Ave.>
* Write A Program On The TI-84+SE - Advance Token to TI-84+SE

That is so cool! I can't wait to test some of it!

Also as I have seen and been told a couple of times before try not to double post
(a.k.a. post then post again without some one posting in between)
Oh that was my bad. Sorry. I was very tired when I posted the cards. I usually dont double post. Glad you like the cards. I plan to work on it quite a bit this weekend. I want to finish the card routine and redo the title screen if I can.
The two most worthless properties that are located just after GO should be the NSpire and it's color variant, to poke fun at how much programmers hate them.
I was going to do the 2 Ti Original calcs, but that could work too.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I was going to do the 2 Ti Original calcs, but that could work too.
I support DShiznit on this entirely. Smile Keep up the steady progress here!
haha. I figured you would. Ok. Ti Nspire is the First Brown. The Cas is the second. So Toss up. New poll. 83+ and 84+ for park place and Boardwalk respectively. OR ti 84+ and Casio Prizm. Same order.
SO I am very excited! I had a Eureka moment today. And I am using an altered Finnonacci (sp) Sequence. I am using all my Community Chest and Chance cards into 2 subs. each on having a list of card numbers . 1-17 stored in a list. Then randomize that list. Then take the length of each card in characters stored in a list. But each element of the list is the length of the card minus the one before it.

So the code will be a little like this. No real numbers just guesstimates

Code:

Assuming that we pick Card 17 of Community Chest
The List of card numbers are randomized at the beginning of each game and when the stack is emptied
|LCCLEN (Community Chest LEnthgs)
Str2 = the cards all put into one string. From shortest card to longest card.
OPOCC=Community chest stack
Each time a card is "DRAWN" The 1st element is removed. From
LCCLEN = {20,30,15,Blah who cares right now.}
sub(Str2,LCCLEN(|LOPOCC(1)),LCCLEN(|LOPOCC(1)-1)

I hope that makes sense. It makes sense in my head.
Let me know if I can explain anything.

Edit: I am also having trouble with my tools program. I have all the needed opcodes in one program using DCS libs. So as example 1:prgmZZZTOOLS changes the home state to allow for archive. The problem is, it only works inside that program, so when I go back to my main program, there is no affect. I would like it to work on the main program. Here is my code for my Tools program

Code:

//the If 0's are for me to not forget what does what for awhile. till I get used to it
If 0
"CHANGE RUN STATE
If Ans=1
det(20,"21F893E02AE77C9)
If 0
TEXT COLOR INVERT1
If Ans=2
det(20,"21F5893E0AE77C9)
If 0
INVERT TEXT 2
If Ans=3
det(20,"FDCB05DEC9
If 0
BLACK OUT SCREEN
If Ans=4
det(20,2100001153FEF624DC9
If 0
INVERT SCREEN
If Ans=5
det(20,"210000115F2FEF5FDC9
If 0
RUN INDICATOR OFF
If Ans=6
det(20,"EF7045C9"
If 0
RUN INDICATOR ON
If Ans=7
det(20,EF7045C9
If 0
DISABLE DONE
If Ans-8
det(20,"FDCB00AEC9

Example usage would be.

1:prgmZZZTOOLS
UnArchive PrgmBLAH
prgmBLAH
Archive prgmBLAH
1:prgmZZZTOOLS
8:prgmZZZTOOLS
Return
Quick question. Should I keep my cards upper or Lower case.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Quick question. Should I keep my cards upper or Lower case.

Whatever you choose, keep in mind that lowercase character tokens take up twice as much space as their uppercase counterparts, so they can quickly inflate your code size.
Ya I know. Which is Why I am not quite sure yet. If I do end up using lowercase I may have it in a seperate program, and call that program for which ever card I need to draw. So If I need to draw a Community chance card then 2:prgmZZCARDS. OR 1:prgmZZCARDS for chance.

Also! Any ideas what to call community chest and chance cards. I would like to change the name. Also I am still having issues with that code from the Tool program that I stated earlier if anyone could help with that.
My vote is for uppercase...
  1. It's half the number of bytes
  2. It has more-predictable widths (easier to center or wrap)
  3. I've been exposed to it more often than lowercase, so I feel that I can read it better (on the graphscreen, at least)
  4. It seems to have better alignment with the surrounding borders and between characters
Chance could be Up Late Programming, which I like; Community Chest could be 2nd CATALOG, but the cards are already keeping a heavy enough bias towards the 83+ (but that's my fault). "Help Topic" even entered my mind, but that's too nonthematic. I'm puzzled on this one.

Another thought is to use GarbageCollect in place of Free Parking (assuming the house rule where taxes are paid to the center of the board, and GarbageCollect earns the jackpot). And you might as well use Black/Gray/USB/Mini-USB cables for the railroads. Smile
Ok. Uppercase it is. I think garbage collect is good for free parking, and I am doing house rules, since I love landing on free parking and getting lots of moolah. If I use the cables for railroads, Which I like, Should Omnimaga and Cemetech be the utilities? Then maybe the cards could be DCS Cards for community chest, and Well I am not sure about chance.

It is slow going, Designing the title screen is almost done, as well as the basic set ups. The cards are about 25% done. I have not drawn the board yet
Ok. I am writing the tools program from above in pure ASM. Which would solve some problems. So I need to know the z80 equivlant of If then. and Ans. Also would the code in HEX representation work? Or would I need to rewrite that as well.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Ok. I am writing the tools program from above in pure ASM. Which would solve some problems. So I need to know the z80 equivlant of If then. and Ans. Also would the code in HEX representation work? Or would I need to rewrite that as well.
For the trillionth time, there is no such thing as HEX. I don't mean to pick on you about it, but some people in the community seem to have started a myth that there's something called HEX, which there most certainly is not. There are ASCII-encoded hexadecimal representations of the binary of assembled z80 ASM programs, but that's just a different way of displaying an ASM programs. What you're really asking is the ASM representation of such things.
I thought that is what I said. That is what I meant by "HEX representation." I never said there was HEX "code" I only asked if the HEX representation of said ASM code would work. I know the myth is false. Now. As for those Mnemonics I need?
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I thought that is what I said. That is what I meant by "HEX representation." I never said there was HEX "code" I only asked if the HEX representation of said ASM code would work. I know the myth is false. Now. As for those Mnemonics I need?

Why don't you use the DCS7 SDK to write an assembly program rather than typing in hEx opcodes into the program editor? Both work, but writing the non-named opcodes is a lot slower, less organized, and requires a lot more memorization.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours