elfprince - if you want, I can check out your settings for you.
the trouble is in the fact that the UTI server runs in a chroot with safe mode on.

Im trying to modify the uploading code to work on the UTI server.
Ohhhh, ic. Well, the only way to do that is remove some of the safety mechanisms, but you don't really want to do that. Perhaps just make people only use remote avatars?
I cant remove the safety stuff, nor would I want to. I also got it set up to only allow remote avatars (see for yourself, it's pretty cool)

Still, Id like to get this working, and I know avatar upload is possible on that server since UTI's board does it
Yeah, but that's IPB. Hmm, let me ponder this.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, but that's IPB. Hmm, let me ponder this.

it is still done somehow. phpbb supplies all the error checking. I just need the actual code that copies it to the server based off of the file posted on uti.

AlienCC actually released some sample uploading code when he was helping Brazucs with his preSourceCoder, basic2bbcode program

I just dont know enough php to figure out how to use that with the existing phpbb code
oh, ic. Hmmm.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours