How'd you get that from what I said? Razz You should type in (from where you are now), exactly:
Code:
cd ..
compile helloworld
Thanks _player that helped out a lot. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Smiling Cat

and thanks to Souvik and Kerm and any one else who posted here so far and helped me get this far

now how do you test it on the calculator.
You can use WabbitEmu, which you can get from here: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4610 (In the first post of that topic). On the first run, it will ask you for a ROM, or if you don't have one, it will walk you through the steps to getting one. Then, you take the asm/exec/helloWorld.8xp and drag it onto WabbitEmu's screen. Then, you can just use the keys on the window to test it (Don't forget that you need Asm(prgmHELLOWOR), not just prgmHELLOWOR).
Not to keep picking on your grammar, but remember that sentences start with Uppercase Letters, and that questions end in question marks? Non-questions end in periods. Exclamatory statements end in exclamation points!

WabbitEmu or PindurTI would be good, as Catherine said; I'd stick with WabbitEmu as he recommended, because it walks you through the OS-loading process and has a clickable GUI if you don't feel like memorizing key shortcuts.
Another question, how do you save it as a .8xp file?
compile.bat automatically creates a .8xp file with BinPac8x, which can be found in the /asm/exec folder.
It makes a .bin file not a .8xp file whenever I compile it.
Install Python. http://www.python.org/getit/
You probably don't have Python installed. Download and install Python from this webpage:
http://python.org/

Edit: Oh, I forgot you can't install anything. You could use the cx_frozen version of BinPac8x that Tari made.
which one?
They are the same thing. Mine just links directly to a page where you can download, and on Souvik's, you have to follow one link to get where mine is.
I think he means whether to get Python 2.x or 3.x. The readme says either version should work, so it doesn't matter.
I mean which version of python under 2.x
The latest version, version 2.7.2, should be the version that you should get. If you have a 32-bit OS, download the 32-bit version; if you have a 64-bit OS, download the 64-bit version.
How do I know which version I have?
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
How do I know which version I have?

Go into your System Properties (right click on Computer in the Start Menu, and choose Properties), and scroll down to System Type.
Can't install it. Also the non install link above works but the link I have to click inside that link dosen't
So, are you not allowed to run .exe files at all? Sad In that case, you could use WebASM, which Catherine and I made (and needs some improvement).
What do I do when I get there?
Type your code (or copy-paste) into the large box, and then give it a name (so that it returns an executable with the same name), then just hit Submit and it will compile your code (and give you errors if there were any).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours