Link removed for content
Lawrence Block has a character, Evan Tanner, with the exact same condition in one of his series.
think of what could be accomplished if the entire world did this
Nobody would ever get anything done, we'd all be too tired. Very Happy
No, because we wouldn't need sleep, so we would never get tired Very Happy
I'm pretty sure that's a hoax, or at least inaccurate. It doesn't mention his name or where he lives, and only gives a very brief description. If it were true, you would have heard about him before now.
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's a hoax, or at least inaccurate. It doesn't mention his name or where he lives, and only gives a very brief description. If it were true, you would have heard about him before now.

It is medically possible though, I think.
I'm pretty sure it's not.
Oh well, that would sure be helpful for me though. I need at least 48 hours a day to get stuff done. Smile
The good news is the earth's rotation is always slowing down (heard about this year's leap second?), so the days are getting longer.
Yeah, but that extra millisecond doesn't help me a whole lot. Smile
No, it's an entire second! Very Happy
Making that post you just wasted a couple weeks worth of leap seconds so they don't help a lot or at least talking about them doesn't Laughing
lol, it's a second from like the last several hundred years, hence millisecond.
Yeah, a second sounded a bit much. The way it sounded, we would have gained another hour by the time I'm 77 Laughing
Hehe...they don't do it every year. Smile
um, we would gain one minute, not one hour, one second a year for 60 years is one minute
haha, good point.
Umm, didn't we lose a millisecond or two when that big earthquake cause the tsunami? I can't remember who said it, but one of the big weather or discovery type shows said the earth stopped spinning for a millisecond, or something like that... Confused

My dad was the one that saw it, I will see what it was exactly...
Yeah, I saw that too; threw off the spin for a second or two.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours