No, I meant in the Setup Wizard, if you already have the SDK and WabbitEmu (like me) and just want to point the SDK GUI to where your existing SDK is located.
Actually, the setup wizard won't even run if you already have the SDK downloaded before through the GUI. If the user downloads the .exe again, it won't download the SDK again, it will act as a "shortcut" to the already downloaded SDK.

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean. I think I can add that in.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Smile You of course figured out that I mean if you downloaded the SDK previously and used it, before you got the SDK GUI.
Alright, I think I've got it working now.

Download
Superb! Out of curiosity, since the 1.2MB executable becomes 387KB when compressed as a zip, would you mind tossing in a Readme and uploading it to the Cemetech archives? Smile Sorry to make you jump through so many hoops.
Alright, the SDK GUI is in the Cemetech Archives now. I've also embedded the readme into my program, so it pops up before installing the SDK in the wizard.
Download
Over the past few years, I have been recommending that Cemetechians looking to learn z80 ASM use the Doors CS 7 SDK to build their programs, even if they're not making Doors CS programs. The SDK includes a complete toolchain for assembling and linking assembly programs, and best of all, it works on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux with minimal effort. It was partially the result of a stream of confused potential ASM programmers who couldn't figure out why DevPac8x wouldn't work on their 64-bit computers, what was wrong with TASM, and similar complaints. Today, the command-line-driven process of using the Doors CS SDK gets even easier with Souvik1997's Doors CS SDK GUI.

This Windows program provides a GUI interface to the command-line based Doors CS SDK, making it very easy and fast to assemble and debug both simple and complex assembly programs. It lets you assemble programs with the touch of a button, load them into the WabbitEmu emulator, and test and debug them. Since it still requires the Doors CS SDK to work, it can even download the SDK for you and set it up on your computer, as well as grabbing the latest version of WabbitEmu. If discomfort with the command line has been stopping you from using the Doors CS SDK, or you just want a faster way to build your ASM programs on Windows, be sure to grab this.

Download:
Doors CS SDK GUI

Feature Suggestion: Being able to compile multiple files at once. (right now, only one file is selectable at a time in the "Open" window). This could be great for compiling large quantities of Mobiletunes songs. I love how it compiles immediately upon opening files, nice work!
That shouldn't be too hard to add, I'll add that when I get home if I have time.
That sounds like an interesting feature; I could see the value in that. Smile
For me:
"DCSSDK.exe - Application Error
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."
Upon running the program. Sad
That's strange, I've never had that happen before. Do you have the .NET Framework 4 installed? Have you tried redownloading the file? The MD5sum of the .zip should be 0ab674b102ee7e2cbde46753c6c0fa8d.
souvik1997 wrote:
That's strange, I've never had that happen before. Do you have the .NET Framework 4 installed? Have you tried redownloading the file? The MD5sum of the .zip should be 0ab674b102ee7e2cbde46753c6c0fa8d.

Uh... the .NET Framework 4? Don't know what that is. I am running Windows XP SP2. I also have a Windows Vista computer (my Mother's), and upon running it it gets through until clicking the Install button, whereupon it gives me an error stating "The process cannot access the file 'C:\users\Hansberry\Desktop\DCSSDK.exe' because it is being used by another process."
So.
CalebHansberry wrote:
Uh... the .NET Framework 4? Don't know what that is.

And I am honestly surprised you don't. The .NET Framework is what allows managed languages, such as C# and VB.NET, to run. Think of it somewhat as a Java Runtime - except that it isn't really a VM, it interacts more with the system. There are a plethora of programs out there that use it, so I'm surprised it doesn't work for you. Since the DCS SDK GUI isn't an installed program (which would have downloaded and installed the .NET Framework for you), you can easily get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=17851
I'm surprised that that's the error message that results from a missing .NET framework would be that. It actually seems closer to some cmd-related errors I've seen that were caused by viruses; I think the messages were about failing to initialize the 16-bit subsystem. I hope you install the .NET framework and try again, though, and I wonder if there's a way to make the program (or Windows) issue a more understandable error message.
Oh yes, it was more specific:

Quote:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Hansberry\Desktop\DCS\DCSSDK.exe' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at DCSSDK.Form2.DownloadOthers()
at DCSSDK.Form2.downloadSdk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
self
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hansberry/Desktop/DCS/DCSSDK.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Wait, then the actual error message is this:

Code:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Hansberry\Desktop\DCS\DCSSDK.exe' because it is being used by another process.
Based on what it says on the tin, something else already has the executable open for writing (??).

Edit: And based on this part of that output, I'd say you already have .NET 4.0:

Code:
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
KermMartian wrote:
Wait, then the actual error message is this:

Code:
Based on what it says on the tin, something else already has the executable open for writing (??).

Well, yeah, that's what I thought, but nothing seemed to have it open. Also, I already posted that as the error:
Quote:
whereupon it gives me an error stating "The process cannot access the file 'C:\users\Hansberry\Desktop\DCSSDK.exe' because it is being used by another process."
Have you restarted your computer? That should fix those IO errors.
souvik1997 wrote:
Have you restarted your computer? That should fix those IO errors.

Sorry, this is my mother's computer; it really never even turns off. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours