I don't know what else to call it. Anyways, it's a program that will do many different things. Notes, chat, an inplemented calc, that stuff. It's like a program that's your one stop for everything.

Anyways, I'm thinking of what else to add.

Any ideas? Also, I'm not a TI-BASIC expert, so don't suggest anything really extreme.
A basic counter would be nice; for the days when you want to count the number of times your teacher says "um" or for anything else.
comicIDIOT wrote:
A basic counter would be nice; for the days when you want to count the number of times your teacher says "um" or for anything else.

That'd be easy.
Sounds like a fun little project. I hope you'll consider experimenting with the DCSBLibs for GUIs to get some experience with them with this project. Wink Or not, if it doesn't appeal to you.
you could use this code for the built in calc

Code:

:Input "",Str1
:expr(Str1)→A
:Disp A
Spud, very good. Smile This is offtopic, but this is a fun little joke program I have written on a few friends' calculators (although I of course told them about it shortly thereafter, don't want to be malicious):

Code:
:ClrHome
:Repeat Ans=999
:Input "",Str1
:Disp expr(Str1)+round(rand^5,0
:End

It adds one to about 1/6th of the answers. Wink
i learned my calc code making fiddle but never put it in
FWIW, Giggybyte, if you really wanted to test yourself, you could write your own expression evaluator, that would go through the string to be evaluated, and take constants (numbers), and signs (+, -, /, *, or more), and would find the answer. Later, you could try to make variables work, as well as functions, if you really wanted to.

Spud, *I learned my "calc" code while making Fiddle, but never put it in.
Catherine, I agree that that would be a good way to test his skills, but I'm not sure it would be best for the overall speed of completion of this project, as I believe Giggabyte is still fairly close to the beginner end of the spectrum (Giggy, correct me if I'm wrong). I definitely think he should try that at some point, though.
Yeah, I've still got a lot to learn of TI-BASIC but I've been getting lots better.

Also, I made a basic calc a while back when I was bored.

Code:

Lbl CA
Input A
Disp A
Goto CA
KermMartian wrote:
Sounds like a fun little project. I hope you'll consider experimenting with the DCSBLibs for GUIs to get some experience with them with this project. Wink Or not, if it doesn't appeal to you.

I'm assuming I would need a calc-to-USB cable for that, which I don't have.
Giggybyte wrote:
Yeah, I've still got a lot to learn of TI-BASIC but I've been getting lots better.

Code:

Lbl CA
Input A
Disp A
Goto CA

Eww, labels. Razz Try this instead:

Code:
While 1
Input A
Disp A
End

Also, you could add a custom prompt to Input. Try doing 'Input "=>",A' instead of the 'Input A'.
souvik1997 wrote:
Giggybyte wrote:

Code:

Lbl CA
Input A
Disp A
Goto CA

Eww, labels. Razz Try this instead:

Code:
While 1
Input A
Disp A
End

Also, you could add a custom prompt to Input. Try doing 'Input "=>",A' instead of the 'Input A'.

I know about custom prompts, but considering it being an implemented calc I didn't know what to put.
Giggybyte wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Oh yes, I had forgotten about this. Sad You should find some friends that have one or can transfer to their calculator and then to yours. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Giggybyte wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Oh yes, I had forgotten about this. Sad You should find some friends that have one or can transfer to their calculator and then to yours. Wink

My uncle's friend is checking to see if he still has his. Also, out of all my friends, I'm the only one who likes to mess around on a calculator.
Giggybyte wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Giggybyte wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

My uncle's friend is checking to see if he still has his. Also, out of all my friends, I'm the only one who likes to mess around on a calculator.

You should show your friends this video. They might change their minds. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours