Well, download the pokemon purple game: http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/pokemon/pokepur.zip

I used the latest beta to test how it would work with my game, and it seemed to access the game just fine, but when I exited the game, the desktop was all screwed up, in 8x8 blocks of random tiles. (May have been 6x6, dunno) You might check this out for yourself Kerm...
Testing it. ZM1 gives an xmit error with pindur, btw. Nice codex title screen!!
You will probably need to test it on calc. And I don't know why the map data would give an error... It doesn't really matter, since that is for a city that you can't even get to yet...

And thanks, but the screen was made in rigview by spellshaper on omnimaga...

Hopefully you will get the same problem as I and figure it out...
Yup, I hope so. Pindur crashed from the buggy sort routine and I didn't get a chance to reload all the files, but I'll try to get to that this morning.
ok. good luck. Smile

[ot]
What did you think of the icon for Pokemon? and did you get to play?
[/ot]
TI-Freak8x wrote:
You will probably need to test it on calc. And I don't know why the map data would give an error... It doesn't really matter, since that is for a city that you can't even get to yet...

And thanks, but the screen was made in rigview by spellshaper on omnimaga...

Hopefully you will get the same problem as I and figure it out...

rigview has editing? and I didn't think you could display rigview pics outside of rigview.....
Dunno, Spellshaper made it, and that is what he said it did...
RigView creates grayscale imgs that Codex can use.
That isn't accurate either, it basically creates an asm program that can be run with the ASM( command...
Oh really? That makes sense, I guess Codex can't handle gs, now that I think about it.
oh, I confused.....there are all these pics in TiCalc archives that say they need to have RigView to be viewed....can they be viewed with Asm(?
I guess as long as they are .8xp files, I am unsure...

BOT: Have you been able to recreate the error I described Kerm?
TI-Freak: No, still trying
Elfprince: yes. Smile
Hmm, maybe you are using the unreleased beta of dcs, and you fixed it already?

All I did was start pokemon, then quit at the main menu screen, and the desktop was all screwed up...
Did it crash though? Or do you think it was just me forgetting to clear the buffer? Did the garbage resemble anything, like a screen from your program? I'm guessing it's something with however RigView works, did it look like it might be from your title screen?
No crashing, I don't know, it put up small blocks of garbage or random sprites that looked nothing like my game. I wish I knew how to capture the screen...

Idea

I am gonna try something tonight, I will let you know how it works...

(I have this digitalcamera that can also be used as a web cam type device, maybe I can record what it does, and post it. I am gonna try as soon as I am able to go to lunch, in about 30 minutes or so...
OK, awesome. I am suspecting more and more it's something to do with the rigview pics, and I just forgot to clear a saferam buffer somewhere after BASIC program runs.
Could be, I don't know asm...

I am just glad that you included a button to shut down dcs, otherwise, I could have been screwed... lol

(Now watch, when I go to record it, it won't mess up... Laughing)
lol, I hope it happens again so I can see this, I'd prefer to find bugs like this before I publish the program. Smile
I know this is sort of off topic, but it seems, RIGView can create stand-alones, or RIGView dependet ones.....anyway, when i get home I will test this, looks great

Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours