Let's see how this works. Go behind the scenes of posting.php, make a new <tr></tr> after the one in which name="helpbox" resides, and stuff it with this. Here's hoping that people are up to snuff with their computer fonts.
I've added it just to see how it looks; gave it it's own <tr> as well.

After five hours, I'm now cutting the code out, it doesn't serve much purpose. If it had nifty symbols that we sort of commonly use, and were inserted upon clicking, I'd lobby that it would be worth keeping. Here's a photo for nostalgia reasons.

Hmm, I think you should put it back! Perhaps under the posting box?

Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

This could be fun...
I see uses for that Very Happy

Put back in gogogo Please?
That all came out fine, except for the left floor (U+230A = &\#8970;). Not sure what happened there. Try 029F = &\#671; instead?

Edit:

Code:
td.symbol input {
  background: none;
  border: none;
  padding: 0;
}

+

http://pastebin.com/vEBjxKPD

We could make it into a collapsible.

Edit×2:

Colspans weren't updated to reflect the Youtube button. Right now I'm wishing they were.
Alright! It's been updated βack in. Oh, and the colspans have been updated to 10 as well Smile
Oh these things are awesomely sweet Very Happy Great bit of work Comic Laughing
It was hardly any work on my part, credit goes to Weregoose Smile
… very useful Smile quick access to these characters now allows for some ελ↑τε ∠θδ↑πg
This is rocking, thanks comicIDIOT! I just hope they don't get μιςυςεδ too badly.

One more thing: title attributes. My pastebin entry has been modified to incorporate them (borrowing once again from Brett Wagner's ti83plus.inc), and I also in-snuck a U+207B to complete the ⁻¹ for inverse functions. I don't see anything else that's imperative for the 83+ line; 68k-ers might have some final recommendations.

Thanks again!

Edit: For my last act, I give focus back to the textarea when a button is pressed.
benryves wrote:

Code:

This could be fun...
Why, does ISO-8859 forbid doing this sort of thing?
Weregoose wrote:
This is rocking, thanks comicIDIOT! I just hope they don't get μιςυςεδ too badly.

Edit: For my last act, I give focus back to the textarea when a button is pressed.
Haha, agreed! Great job with the refocusing, but places the cursor before the character. Sad
comicIDIOT wrote:
Haha, agreed! Great job with the refocusing, but places the cursor before the character. Sad
That quirk belongs to Safari, but not in any other browsers I've tested it in. I'm afraid I've exhausted my JavaScript skill set on this one. Sad
Is it possible to insert the character where the cursor is, rather than just at the end? Otherwise, it works great!
calcdude84se wrote:
Is it possible to insert the character where the cursor is, rather than just at the end? Otherwise, it works great!
It is indeed, and I'll implement that when I get a chance to clean it up slightly. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
benryves wrote:

Code:

This could be fun...
Why, does ISO-8859 forbid doing this sort of thing?

Not if encoded as appropriate HTML entities. It was more the PHP end I was thinking about, as its Unicode support (and ability to convert to and from HTML entities) can be a little erratic - which is less of a problem if using a Unicode-friendly encoding in the first place, admittedly. Evidently Cemetech's forum code is doing a good job, though. Smile
I always feel a sense of peering over the precipice when I handle anything Turing-complete in web design; the riddled ins and outs of non-static environments always put me on that edge. So, admittedly, this was a shot in the dark. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
calcdude84se wrote:
It is indeed, and I'll implement that when I get a chance to clean it up slightly. Smile

I didn't make it look pretty at all. I just copy pasted so look for 15 lines or so that have no indentation in the code, and you'll find it easily Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours