is it possable to make ashell in axe and how
*Is *possible *a shell *Axe *how?
If it's possible, it would be difficult (read: more or less impossible) unless you don't want to provide one of the more useful aspects of shells: their routines.
So, assuming you just want to create an alternative way to launch programs, then yes, it is possible, and you need only a smidgen of ASM.
If you don't know Axe well, learn it.
After that, the main thing you'll want to do is be able to scan the VAT for programs, list them, and run them. There's an Axiom to facilitate VAT-scanning, IIRC. If not, you can visit WikiTI for documentation, and scan for programs yourself. To run programs, you have to make sure they're in RAM (Unarchive or else copy) and then there's a bcall to run them.
spud2451 wrote:
is it possable to make ashell in axe and how

Well, I must admit I have never seen a more vague question in the length of my entire life. This tops "how do i shot web".

But... I'll answer it anyways Cool

Of course you can make a shell in Axe. It would actually be easier to make the core in pure assembly, however; either way, you'll have to dip into inline assembly to work with the VAT, write optimized routines for programs written for your shell to use, etc. As for *how* to write one, I'll ask you a question back: how do you make one in Assembly, or BASIC? You open up your program editor and write it, that's how. Report back once you feel like clarifying your question and asking *specific* questions on what you need help with.
ok then, well I'd like to know how to display the token returned from Input as text
spud2451 wrote:
ok then, well I'd like to know how to display the token returned from Input as text

I just answered that in the Axe topic for you Wink what else do you need help with?
Quote:
either way, you'll have to dip into inline assembly to work with the VAT...

Not necessarily. You could always use the MEMKIT axiom to search the VAT. You can also search the VAT in pure Axe, although I don't recommend it.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Quote:
either way, you'll have to dip into inline assembly to work with the VAT...

Not necessarily. You could always use the MEMKIT axiom to search the VAT. You can also search the VAT in pure Axe, although I don't recommend it.
You could, but I think Axe is about the worst language to write a shell in. It's relatively fast but produces huge code, while you want a shell, if anything, to have an interface that is a little slower but nice and small so you can fit big programs in RAM.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours