I've decided to port the game "Killbots" to TI-Basic. (Derived from BSD's "Robots") If you don't know what the game looks like, here's a refresher:

You're the @ sign, and you have to get rid of all the +s by crashing them into each other.

I'm about 75% done with the project, but I still have to code the bot collision code. Does anyone have an algorithm for efficiently deleting an item from a list? I need one for the collision bit. Here's a screenie of my current progress (It's actually faster than it seems):

Have you checked this thread? To delete an item from a list, you could use a For() loop and augment() to delete an element, but it's not really fast. I usually set the element's value to a predetermined value, like 0, and make my program so it treats those items like they are deleted.
souvik1997 wrote:
Have you checked this thread? To delete an item from a list, you could use a For() loop and augment() to delete an element, but it's not really fast. I usually set the element's value to a predetermined value, like 0, and make my program so it treats those items like they are deleted.

Hmm... why would you need the For() loop? And yes, I have seen AHelper's game, but I wanted something that wouldn't be in asm.
I suppose you don't really need the For() loop, you could use seq() instead. To delete item at location Q of list L1, you would do something like this:

Code:
augment({0},L1)->L1:Q+1->Q:augment(L1,{0}):augment(seq(Ans(X),X,1,Q-1),seq(Ans(X),X,Q+1,dim(Ans)->L1:seq(L1(X),X,2,dim(L1)-1->L1
That can be made _much_ more succinct. If Q is 1-indexed:

Code:
seq(L1(X+(X>=Q)),X,1,dim(L1)-1->L1
That's even shorter than my optimized version I was going to post Smile though I see how that would work.

Also, nice work forty-two Wink looking good.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours