Do you like the trollface?
Yes
 33%  [ 1 ]
No
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Due to request from Kerm, I'm posting an app I made for myself: Builderboy's physics tutorials for Axe. Since the actual tutorial is fairly general, it should be useful for anyone trying to make a hybrid basic game or assembly one too, but beware: All the code examples are in axe Razz

Also, there's a trollface at the bottom. Long story.

Enjoy!

Edit: And It didn't waste any space: The book's only one page long either way, with compression level 1, meaning no RAM needed for decompression.
That's neat, thanks for sharing. If you feel it's relevant, you're of course welcome to also submit it to the Cemetech file archives. Since I didn't get to try it out yet, would you mind clarifying which parts of an Axe tutorial are relevant to a hybrid/ASM programmer? I suspect it's because it teaches general programming concepts, but I want to double-check before I make assumptions. Smile
Yes it's general tutorials revolving around physics and it's applications in games. Most of the lessons revolve around specific physics ideas, but some also cover more general concepts like trig. The tutorials released so far are:

Gravity: A small introduction on how gravity can be implemented in a programming environment.
Trig: A quick lesson on the basics of trigonometry, and how you can use Sin/Cos to create circular motions.
Cellular Automata: A tutorial on how cellular automata can be used to simulate otherwise advanced effects like water or sand.
Virtual Pixel Testing: A name of my own creation, this tutorial focuses more on Axe, and a way to test pixels to see which tile they belong to in a tilemap.
Rope Physics: Fairly straightforward tutorial on how to implement rope physics using forces.

Hopefully there are some updates soon, as I know I have yet to post a tutorial on object collision, which I find is often one of the most advanced parts of object physics.
Yeah, the only part that is really axe specific is the code examples. The rest is virtually all math.
Excellent, that sounds quite useful. Builderboy, I'm surprised to hear you say that collision is one of the most advanced physics concepts. I would think that implementing it efficiently would be hard, but that mathematically something like rope physics would be more complex.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours