how should I make tthe graphics?
ascii art
 25%  [ 5 ]
Xlib
 75%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 20

spud2451 wrote:
But its guna be closer to Minecraft than Terraria In so many ways

It's already 2D Wink that instantly makes it closer to Terraria than Minecraft.
spud2451 wrote:
But its guna be closer to Minecraft than Terraria In so many ways

in what ways shall it be more like minecraft? I am just curious.
The Crafting will be the same in sooo many ways and the monsters wil be the same along with the items that they drop. also there will be no bosses unlike Terraria.
Can you clarify further? Regardless, I think we need to help you come up with a name for this that is neither Minecraft nor Terraria, and to outline a more succinct list of completed and planned features to help you overcome your coders' block.
ok so what I have in mind for features are...

ore dust wire (redstone dust)
ore rods (used like iron ingots)
long ore rods (used like sticks)
a larger world than just a 8x12 world (it will scroll)
doors
fluids (water, lava, acid)
mobs
random terrain (still flat but random placement of ore)
crafting
inventory
health

And as for the name i was thinking TI-Craft

Please tell me if there is any un-needed features or if you think that the name should be changed
Assuming that you have enough different things you can craft, TI-Craft sounds like a good name. I'm still having difficulty envisioning things like doors and terrain in a 2D side view; do you think you could help me understand how that will work?
Sure. The doors will open top to bottom and the terrain is just the place that the ore is placed and mabie I'll add un even terrain or even caves
spud2451 wrote:
Sure. The doors will open top to bottom and the terrain is just the place that the ore is placed and mabie I'll add un even terrain or even caves
Caves sound cool. Doors will be along horizontal tunnels, like doors, or along vertical shafts, like trapdoors? Or both? What will the purpose of doors be/
Well i think that I will just make doors for horizontal hallways and the purpose of doors is to keep mobs out. I think that I might also add roof blocks. Smile
spud2451 wrote:
Well i think that I will just make doors for horizontal hallways and the purpose of doors is to keep mobs out. I think that I might also add roof blocks. Smile
Rather than letting people place dirt/stone blocks as roofs? Sounds like a plan. Next order of business: what practical purpose will redstone have?
Well as for ore dust wire I'd say opening doors from a distanceand mabie alarms
spud2451 wrote:
Well as for ore dust wire I'd say opening doors from a distanceand mabie alarms
Since it's single-player, I guess I could understand the former if you could use it for mob traps that would kill mobs and generate their drops, but the latter mystifies me a bit. Smile
whatever I still think that it'll be a cool feature to add
spud2451 wrote:
whatever I still think that it'll be a cool feature to add

Perhaps you can explain what you mean by Alarms? Then perhaps we'll agree with you on the cool feature part Wink
alarms as in a switch connected to redstone to make a light that gos on and off when toggled
spud2451 wrote:
alarms as in a switch connected to redstone to make a light that gos on and off when toggled

Actually, that makes sense, that seems like a bit of an extra feature to be added far into the future once you have other things done, but not a bad idea Smile

On a side note, any new screen shots for progress?
Soon
spud2451 wrote:
Soon

One word responses == bad. Quality over quantity my friend Wink

With that being said, what new features are you likely to show in your screenshot?
spud2451 wrote:
That actually sounds kind of nifty. As Ashbad says, though, messing with designing a circuitry system is probably something that should happen after you have more of the fundamental mechanics in place.
To answer ashbads question it will show new graphics and inventory

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours