I created the about box with wxGlade, then made changes directly in the python because wxGlade kept randomly exiting on me without saving my work. Mad Also wxWidgets has a built in help class, but I was having trouble getting the thing to work so I created a custom one with some help from a tutorial I found on Google. Feel free to scrap it, but I'll probably put more work into it later, I just wanted to get something that worked. Plus the built in help class wants you to use CHM files, and Id much rather just do it in pure HTML.
! It lets you use HTML??
its basically a really crappy web browser. Can't handle CSS or javascript though. Sad

have you tested it yet?
I have, and I like it. I'm very impressed with how the two of you are doing on this project.
thank you.
Now if I could find where I put those images for the buttons I could make the help one...
elfprince13 wrote:
I created the about box with wxGlade, then made changes directly in the python because wxGlade kept randomly exiting on me without saving my work. Mad Also wxWidgets has a built in help class, but I was having trouble getting the thing to work so I created a custom one with some help from a tutorial I found on Google. Feel free to scrap it, but I'll probably put more work into it later, I just wanted to get something that worked. Plus the built in help class wants you to use CHM files, and Id much rather just do it in pure HTML.

the built in help controller actually uses a different extension than .chm, but that is irrelevant, its just HTML (granted, its somewhat specialized HTML) that is in a ZIP archive

However, i have a request. Can you please start working on the calc-comp work and leave the GUI stuff to me? I believe I am much more familiar with wxWidgets/wxPython than you are, and feel I can handle the GUI stuff on my own. (although feel free to make request/suggestions, of course) This isn't meant as offensive or insulting, of course

EDIT:
i've updated the BUILD.tar.bz2 file - edit compile.bat and replace the path to Inno Setup with wherever you installed it on your comp (its set at the default path right in compile.bat file)
Im not offended. I haven't yet started on calc<->comp work because that requires a calc that can communicate as well, and Kerm hasn't really released any info on the calc<->comp protocol
I shall soon, worryeth not. Smile Could you start converting TiLP to a python module though?
sure....Ill have to do it on and off, because I want to finish my Mac port of BasicBuilder which I started almost a year ago.

EDIT:
====
Im updating BUILD.tar.gz and setup.exe

you may need to edit setup.iss a little, but it should be more flexible now
OK, feel free to slack off a tiny hair then until I get a calcside xfer protocol going.
just so you know, i'm planning on no longer developing the current python GCN client

i've got a completely new sceme in my head, and i'm gonna work on that (more for experience than anything) - so elf, you can take over the current one completely
How will it differ from the current one?
KermMartian wrote:
How will it differ from the current one?

drastically Wink
I said how, not how much. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I said how, not how much. Smile

meh, mere technicality Cool
I really don't have much to work on until I get more info calc protocol :-p
elfprince13 wrote:
I really don't have much to work on until I get more info calc protocol :-p

i asked Kerm to make a small ping-esque ASM proggy so one of use (prolly you Laughing ) could work on the python module. the python module won't need to process or interperate the data, just send it over to python

I finished (i think) the backend server of the new client style i had in mind. I've dubed in gcnX (for eXpandable), but that name can change if needed

check it out here: http://kllrnohj.com/calc/node/11
nice.
Ah, so this is what we had been discussing via AIM long ago! Looks good so far.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours