Hello,
In order to facilitate crash protection in KnightOS, a combination of RAM checksums and a few other things are used to determine if the crash left the calculator in a recoverable state. In addition, if the OS shuts down properly, it sets a few flags and will boot up normally when it is turned back on. However, none of these things will be present when the boot code launches the OS. In order to avoid falsely reporting a crash when the OS is started from the boot code, the value of SP at boot-time is checked.
Basically, what I need to find out is all the possible values of SP for each boot code version and each calculator model. There are three testable scenarios where it could be different: failed OS transfer (press ON or the like before starting), battery removal, and the initial start-up after successfully transferring an OS. Here's what I've tested:
TI-84+ (SE) Boot Code 1.02
Failed Transfer: $FFC3
Battery Removal: $FFC5
Initial Startup: $FFC5

If you can help me test this, you should download this special version of KnightOS (unstable) here:
* TI-73
* TI-83+
* TI-83+ SE
* TI-84+
* TI-84+ SE

This version is modified to save the value of SP at boot-time. I've modified the Hello World program to display this value. What you can do is check this value for all three scenarios, and report with the values, your model, and boot code version.

Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours