I am having a problem:
I dumped my ROM (we weren't having a good relationship Razz) so I could test my program. I opened VTI but it said:
Failed to set data for "LastEmuVersion"
So, I tried Wabbit.
When I loaded my ROM, it showed a blank screen with no skin, and when I told it to turn on the calculator, it did nothing.

I really need to use an emulator, because I have no link cable and I have something to do Now.

Notes:
Windows 7
Good computer specs
School computer, but Wabbit needs no install
Most sites are blocked so I cannot temporarily dl an illegal rom.

Help is GREATLY appriciated!
You couldn't temporarily download an illegal ROM anyway Smile

VTI is a terrible, terrible program, you should try dumping it again with WabbitEmu.
Uh, I did.
And yes I could dl a temporary illegal rom until I got this sorted out, but not at school.
No, you couldn't download an illegal ROM, that's why it's illegal Smile
There's no need to when TI distribute them as part of the SDK in any case.

If you install the TI-83+ SDK you will find a TI-73, TI-83+ and TI-83+ Silver Edition ROM in C:\Program Files\TI Education\TI-83 Plus Flash Debugger\Exe (the .clc files).
Welcome to Cemetech, boot2490. You should introduce yourself in the appropriate topic.Have you tried using rom8x to dump the ROM off of your calculator? Also, don't use VTI, use WabbitEmu, PindurTI, or TiLem. TI's Flash Debugger can also be used, but it's not as good as the others that I mentioned.
You do know that Wabbit has a "Download ROM from software" option, that downloads a ROM from TI's site directly, no hassle? It doesn't seem to support OS 2.43 anymore (I tried setting it up that way on my new laptop yesterday, and it crashed/was unable to download ROM) so you'll have to get a rom of OS 2.53 MP; but either way, it's no hassle whatsoever.
Yeah, it's nice. I really hope TI doesn't mind it.
TI probably doesn't mind because they don't know about it. Razz I bet they'd be less happy with Buckeye and co. if they noticed it. As stated, though, Wabbit should be able to grab/generate a ROM for you, although I'm mystified why your calculator's ROM doesn't work. Depending on what you're trying to do, I absolutely agree to avoid VTI and use PindurTI or WabbitEmu. And be sure to Introduce Yourself!
What's wrong with VTI? (I never got it working so I don't know, but maybe that's it Razz)
Deep Thought wrote:
What's wrong with VTI? (I never got it working so I don't know, but maybe that's it Razz)
It was written to be a TI-83 emulator, so it has almost nonexistent TI-83+ support. It doesn't have a built-in screenshotting function. It's bloated and has poor hardware accuracy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours