AOD 82 will be completed sometime today, and might be released tommorrow for a demo, if anyone here has an 82/83 and would like to beta test the game. Smile

Let me know, the only thing left to program in is 18 more enemies...
Awesome! Got any screenshots?
Not yet, I might release it with a link to download the game. I only tested how fast the walking engine worked, but I could have got a pic from that... Maybe tonite...
K, sounds good. How fast does the walking engine work?
Well, before it had to check for enemies, there was no lag time between you pressing a key and getting an action... Smile

I really don't know how to calculate its speed though, and I haven't got all the enemy data in yet, so I have not been able to test it with that in there...
Ah, that makes sense. Well, good luck with it. Smile
Well, I should be able to let you know how the game works in about an hour, which should give me time to finish the enemies and play it for a while...
Ive got an 84+, can I test? (heck I might anyway) why is the 82 port going faster than the regular game?
elfprince13 wrote:
Ive got an 84+, can I test? (heck I might anyway) why is the 82 port going faster than the regular game?

'Cause he's learned optimizations since he first wrote it. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

'Cause he's learned optimizations since he first wrote it. Smile

Well, you won't be able to use TI-Connect to send it to your calc, you will have to find an alternate software... Unless you want to play the 83+ versions once they have been updated. Smile

And Kerm is right. FFx4 for the 86 was my inspiration to make the game, and I wanted it so badly that I figured things out how they worked. But now it is time to do some severe optimizing... Smile

Check it out:

http://s4.invisionfree.com/TIFreakware/index.php?showtopic=149&st=0&#entry9083049
I'm gonna run the original through SourceCoder, just out of curiousity. Smile
Source coder doesn't show all the optimizing I am making...
Yeah, and I still see that annoying size-->size*1.45 bug. Razz
Confused

To get back on topic, I have found and eliminated 12 bugs so far for the 82 port, most of them just a wrong variable, or an incomplete line of code. That happens when you speed through it... Smile I think I also made a mistake for the increase rate of 'exp needed for next level', because it increases too quickly...
Cool! Can't wait to get my hands on a beta. Smile
Well, I want to play through to the second "Land" before I release the next updated version...

Also, up to 19/19 bugs...
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Well, I want to play through to the second "Land" before I release the next updated version...

Also, up to 19/19 bugs...

hehe...you sure bugfix faster than me. Smile
lol, most of the bugs were simple things like missing { or ", or other similar things. Some of the more complex problems is the enemy using magic twice or more on the same turn, not attacking, etc... Smile

And then again, I am doing things in BASIC, which is far easier than asm...
True, true. And a single typo doesn't make the calc display a nice "ROM FAIL" message and crash. Smile
lol, yeah, that has a tendacy to be problematic... Very Happy

Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours