Every post is spoken internally by my internal voice, even my own, even if I know what they sound like.
for me i usually just read, i kinda give an attitude ot the people, like Lucas, i have his voice sort of mature and intelligent >_>
Tyno wrote:
for me i usually just read, i kinda give an attitude ot the people, like Lucas, i have his voice sort of mature and intelligent >_>

Is it filled with the occasional beep, whirl, cloister bell and other misc TARDIS sounds? lol.
no its actually more of a stiff voice unless you make a joke, then its like a Gaurdian Angel kinda voice which is a little more high and upbeat
elfprince13 wrote:
I usually read much faster than I am able to vocalize - even internally. The result is that I rarely assign voices to what I read.

I mostly don't vocalize internally, and when I do it's almost my voice, but flatter and with less personality. More a raw "just the data" voice if anything.

DShiznit wrote:
when I read Kllrnoj, I hear a douchebaggy voice like Ashton Kutcher.

lol. Honestly if you met me IRL you wouldn't have the foggiest idea it was me. I should do a hangout on G+ or something one of these days.
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
I usually read much faster than I am able to vocalize - even internally. The result is that I rarely assign voices to what I read.

I mostly don't vocalize internally, and when I do it's almost my voice, but flatter and with less personality. More a raw "just the data" voice if anything.

I think this describes my experience, too. I only partially vocalize internally, without waiting for each word to complete before moving on, and the “voice” characteristics are pretty much undefined—it's sort of like an “empty” or “null” kind of voice, for lack of a better description.
I guess when I think more about it, my narrative voice for typing is more of a null voice than my own voice, but when I read, it's a hybrid between hearing the words spoken and just absorbing their meaning. If it's descriptive text, such as describing a scene in a novel, I read the scene being described in a sense, instead of the text containing the description.
KermMartian wrote:
If it's descriptive text, such as describing a scene in a novel, I read the scene being described in a sense, instead of the text containing the description.

Good way of putting it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours