Remember when I released a fake OS for Halloween that claimed to be KnightOS, but was in fact a rickroll? I also showed off some mock-ups with it to seal the deal. Does anyone have these mock-ups? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
Was that the one that bricked quite a few people's calculators? Very Happy I'm afraid I don't have anything from it. :/ Have you tried the Wayback Machine?
It did not brick a single calculator. In fact, it ruined my damned reputation with OSes because Raylin is a bit of an idiot. His calculator was fine, is fine, and was never in danger.

I'll give the wayback machine a try.
Ah, then I misheard. Since the topic was only on Omnimaga, I only heard about it and its results from hearsay and rumors. For what it's worth, Doors CS had a poor reputation among the ticalc.org elite for its first few years because of a few overzealous claims of functionality by me before I had mastered ASM, a stigma it no longer carries, so my point would be that time tends to heal such reputation problems.
I hope so! Plus, the rumors that installing WFRNG OS would fix TI-Connect were hilariously helpful.
SirCmpwn wrote:
Plus, the rumors that installing WFRNG OS would fix TI-Connect were hilariously helpful.
WFRONG OS did actually make the next OS transfer much easier for me... But everything after that was just like usual.
Well, WFRNG OS didn't do very much with USB, it just killed the ports and disabled interrupts.
SirCmpwn wrote:
It did not brick a single calculator. In fact, it ruined my damned reputation with OSes because Raylin is a bit of an idiot. His calculator was fine, is fine, and was never in danger.

I'll give the wayback machine a try.

From what I've seen, I think that incident is long forgotten. Me and others still hold you in high regard concerning your OS works, and didn't even make the connection with Raylin's incident until the topic appeared here.
Thanks for the support. The wayback machine has not turned up results, so I'll just have to make new mock-ups.
Ashbad: I think that those of us who are still skeptical about lack of solid KnightOS project will be mollified once a working release of some sort comes out demonstrating features etc.
The problem with making a kernel first is that kernel's don't have anything to do with the user, and you can't really show off its features without the OS backing it up. The kernel is progressing very quickly now, I expect to be able to show off cool things soon.
Well, the kernel is rather important, and I hold your work on that in just as high of regard as the rest of the OS on top of it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours