souvik1997 wrote:
Quote:
For extended TI-Basic programs, all libraries may be used. It will be necessary to provide the used library in the zip file.

When you say you need to include the library, would you link to it or actually have the library in your zip file? This could be a problem because as far as I know DCS isn't allowed to be distributed online through means other than the official download sites.
If asked in writing, I would be happy to provide one-off written permission for exceptions to authors for this contest. Good point though, Souvik, thanks. Smile
Quote:
When you say you need to include the library, would you link to it or actually have the library in your zip file? This could be a problem because as far as I know DCS isn't allowed to be distributed online through means other than the official download sites.

In fact, this is useful for the judges and if it's a very "exotic" library.
i don't know if "exotic" is the right word (= very original = not notorious).
And to have a project with all the dependancies (if library is modificated and lost backward compatibility...It could be cool to have the good version stored with the archive for the futur).
But don't worry, we can do exceptions but if Kerm provide his permission it's ok Smile
I think better words might be"obscure" or "unknown" (although "original" is close too). Smile At any rate, yeah, I'll almost definitely provide permission, and it's not like Doors CS is a very obscure library anyway. Wink
Ok thank you Smile

Doors CS is not obscure or unknown of course Razz
This is the message I got from Contra-sh when I asked about releasing programs for beta testing.

Quote:

Yes it's a good idea. This is a good way to get feedback and improve your program.
Do not hesitate to do that!

You can also create a topic here: http://www.yaronet.com/sujets.php?f=3179
(french and english spoken)

So we can release programs for a beta test.
Quote:
Contra, do you know who the judges are going to be yet? Since you're one of the entrants, is it fair to assume that you're not also one of the judges?

I don't know who will be judge. But there will be several people maybe.
I can't jugde the category ASM but the others is accepted.
The best is to have completely neutral judges, but it's hard to find Smile

You can be judge too if you want...
Aes_Sedia, thank you for clarifying that. Contra, does that also mean you can release the finished version to the general public if it's finished before the contest deadline? Or no? And I'm afraid I have far too little free time of any sort to judge. Sad
Quote:
Contra, does that also mean you can release the finished version to the general public if it's finished before the contest deadline?

Yes !
The version wich will be examinated is the last version uploaded on the site zcontest.
So you can even publish it (upload the file on zcontest site in the same time is a good idea) then improve it, publish it one more time (re-upload the file on zcontest site) etc...
As many times as you want.
Only the final version is examinated.
The previous versions could be a good way to do beta testing, have feedback and improve the program Smile

Quote:
And I'm afraid I have far too little free time of any sort to judge.

No surprise, I know you haven't much free time.

Anyone else is interesting in judging? (or participating? Very Happy)
Up!

Someone else interested?

seana11? ramanakumar?
My free time has totally disappeared too, with school and conferences and research and class and my book. Sad If I manage to at least get program listing working and transferring up and running, would you accept partially-complete proofs-of-concept?
Of course your program will just be partially incredible Smile

Just proof of concept is hard to be evaluated because the judges need to be able to understand the proof. But if it's minimal working, dir list , running and transferring some stuff there's no problem...
contra-sh wrote:
Of course your program will just be partially incredible Smile

Just proof of concept is hard to be evaluated because the judges need to be able to understand the proof. But if it's minimal working, dir list , running and transferring some stuff there's no problem...
Indeed, that's what I mean by a proof of concept. In other words, if I haven't gotten transferring of pictures, matrices, GDBs, groups, etc working yet, but I have programs at least working. And thanks, you flatter me. Wink
Questions:

1. Can the program use the DCS_GUI routines?
2. Can I have conceptual help with it, topic-wise, but not coding help?
3. Can it be a math/science utility?
4. If I decided to start it and started gathering ideas before the contest was announced, but didn't start coding beforehand, can I still enter.

If the answer to all these are yes, than I may enter this contest.
Yes, if it partially works it's ok.
But if judges should understand the entire source code to say "waoo it's incredible it works" it's very hard to evaluate Very Happy

What I would say by proof of concept is just a coding or mathematic proof without functional implementation.
But that's not what you're talking about.

So unfinished programs are not a problem Smile

(cross)
@ACagliano:

1. YES, just put the lib in the archive and explain how to make your program working.

2. YES, on the yaronet subforum by example (http://www.yaronet.com/sujets.php?f=3179) or on cemetech forum... or what you want.
Even coding help is ok.

3. YES, there's already a "5 year pack science program" by aes_sedia5 no problem that's really appreciated.

4. YES, even if the program was started before the contest.

And yes you can enter the contest Very Happy
contra-sh wrote:
@ACagliano:

1. YES, just put the lib in the archive and explain how to make your program working.

2. YES, on the yaronet subforum by example (http://www.yaronet.com/sujets.php?f=3179) or on cemetech forum... or what you want.
Even coding help is ok.

3. YES, there's already a "5 year pack science program" by aes_sedia5 no problem that's really appreciated.

Great. PS: i'll be z80, so you won't need to "make it working". it already will. Wink I better get working then.
contra-sh wrote:
@ACagliano:

Even coding help is ok.

Just to clarify it is a math pack program. There is one science program in it though.
Also so glad you can get coding help. I got some help from weregoose for getting my menu working. Although it was still my design and layout.
contra-sh wrote:
@ACagliano:

And as mentioned, I explicitly give ACagliano permission as per the Doors CS license to include one version of Doors CS 7 with this project solely for the purposes of the contest, pursuant to the DCS7 license terms, vis:

DCS License wrote:
Any attempt to use or reuse the source code or compiled code for release under "Kerm Martian" or another name must be explicitly approved by "Kerm Martian", except if such use or reuse has been previously approved by "Kerm Martian". Previous approval does not guarantee future approval, and “Kerm Martian” may choose to revoke any and all permissions granted to other coders regarding use of the Doors CS code, data, or source including but not limited to circumstances of abuse or misuse.
Now, we have a strong challenger in the asm section... Wink

edit: grammer 2 ... Evil or Very Mad
Shock Grammer 2.. That should be a good one.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours