Wow, it's been a long time since I created a topic.

What are some more advanced applications for lists in programs nowadays? Gimme your most creative uses and if you do, explain the complimacated math-a-matics behind it.
Hmm

As complicated as I'm running right now with lists are for pokemon. There are 6 lists that hold the Party's stats, |LP1-|LP6. Then there is a list called |LPRTY that contains the values 1-6 to determine how the party shows up, to correspond with |LP1-|LP6.
I haven't done much, but I'm sure Weregoose will love to tell you what he's been abusing them for Smile. I know he's been making tons of complex logic algorithm solvers lately, such as his simple thesis for why he does think XOR is extremely handy, and his NAND-gate optimizer.
Ashbad wrote:
I haven't done much, but I'm sure Weregoose will love to tell you what he's been abusing them for Smile. I know he's been making tons of complex logic algorithm solvers lately, such as his simple thesis for why he does think XOR is extremely handy, and his NAND-gate optimizer.
Indeed, I hope he tells us here. My most advanced uses have probably been 3D map storage in Brix3D, my unreleased Freebuild/Minecraft 3D-type editor, high scores in just about everything, and objects in Design 3D.
I made a TI-Basic 3D perspective projection object viewer once, and L1-L3 held 3D coordinates, while L4 held indices, which described the relationship between coordinates in L1-L3.
SirCmpwn wrote:
I made a TI-Basic 3D perspective projection object viewer once, and L1-L3 held 3D coordinates, while L4 held indices, which described the relationship between coordinates in L1-L3.
Sounds like a common theme. Smile Until Weregoose gets here and corrects me, I'd say he uses lists for crazy manipulations of numbers with seq() and the like.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours