Well, it might eventually evolve into a pure ASM shell; the coder was even expressing an interest in ASM tutorials. It's definitely a good learning tool, and even if he just enjoys it himself, it's a worthwhile project in my opinion. I'll agree that it probably wouldn't see widespread usage of any sort, if that's what you're saying.
hello fellow cemetech users i'm starting Fiddle beta 2.0

I would like some feed back on Fiddle beta 1.0.
If there's any thing I should change please tell me.
Also if there's any thing i did well or you want to be
in Fiddle beta 2.0 please tell me

ti84+se because its ninja
I think you should create your own menu instead of using the default TI-BASIC Menu().
I think you might have saw me post in the other topic for this.
Hey Spud, from one newbie to another one, you don't have to release your very first project. Instead you should do simple things first. I took very good advice from someone, and he said start with the basics and make small projects. So take it slow and make quality programs, otherwise people with start thinking you can't code very well.

kthnx bye! Very Happy
That's good advice, 0rac343. On the flip side, though, I feel if you present yourself as a newbie looking to learn, especially at Cemetech, we will guide you and help you figure out how to learn the language to become a skilled coder.
Thanks Kerm^0^
And Yes, even after I become more skilled there is still so much to learn, expand and push.
So I won't stop seeing myself as a newbie long after I learn.
I know this will sound harsh, and I know that it's a work in progress, but it's the truth. Your shell sucks. Specifics:

1. No documentation? Lots of problems I had could probably be fixed with adequate docs.

2. Programs: What the heck is a keyword? I should: A. See a list of programs and select the one I want to run. B. At the least, type in the name of a program I want to run, in stead of messing with keywords.

3. Pictures: OK, this one seemed a bit more straightforward, I was wrong. I created a picture, and saved it as Pic1. I type in 1 at the prompt and get an error. No luck for "Pic1" either. Also, what's with the "0=10"/ "0 -255" stuff?

4. Options->UnGroup: Again, what's with the keyword stuff? So I have a group "A". I type in "A" at the keyword prompt, and get an error.

5. Options->System Stats: I select this and get an error.

6. Options->Home: Maybe "Back" instead?

Things that aren't the shell's fault:

1. I hate MediaFire (Ads). Maybe somewhere with less ads? Sourceforge would be nice, as souvik said.

2. A TIGroup? In a zip? Firstly, it can't be opened in wabbitemu, 'cause it's really a zip with a .tig file extension. Secondly, it would have worked much better if it was just all in the zip, instead of a TIG.

This might actually be somewhat near good, if it didn't keep giving me errors on every feature.
SourceForge seems like overkill, I think it's fine where it is now.
souvik1997 wrote:
SourceForge seems like overkill, I think it's fine where it is now.

Dunno, just somewhere with less ads.
souvik1997 wrote:
I think you should create your own menu instead of using the default TI-BASIC Menu().

I agree. I think it would also help you learning to create custom menus in the process, which can be useful in other kind of programs too.

I personally wouldn't use this shell because I am pretty fine with Doors CS, but it is a good learning tool to try making one.

Seana11 wrote:
2. A TIGroup? In a zip? Firstly, it can't be opened in wabbitemu, 'cause it's really a zip with a .tig file extension. Secondly, it would have worked much better if it was just all in the zip, instead of a TIG.
I agree. Note, however, that if you have TI-Connect, you can right-click the tig file like a 8xg file then Extract all. It will ungroup its content. IMHO both formats should be avoided, because tig is only recognized by TI-Connect and 8xg is not cross-compatible between each linking softwares (TI-Graph Link-generated 8xg files will error if sent back with TI-Connect).

EDIT: Hmm it seems you're right about tig being zip. Just renaming the extension to zip let me open it fine in WinRAR/7-zip...
^agreed
seana11 wrote:
3. Pictures: OK, this one seemed a bit more straightforward, I was wrong. I created a picture, and saved it as Pic1. I type in 1 at the prompt and get an error. No luck for "Pic1" either. Also, what's with the "0=10"/ "0 -255" stuff?
He's saying that Pic1 = 1, Pic2 = 2, ... Pic9 = 9, Pic0 = 10, I believe. That's standard.
thanks everyone for giving suggestions
and i'll take them all into account

and the reason that fiddle beta 1.0 sucked is because i did all the code in 3 days

and i'm putting in a cursor style GUI for Fiddle beta 1.1

orac343 this isn't my first big project i've just only been on cemetech for a little while

seana11 your calc must be screwed up because it
works fine on mine
Let's try to keep our grammar up, shall we? Start each sentence with a capital letter, always capitalize "I" and end sentences with punctuation. Also, could you explain why you chose to manually word-wrap your post? Every browser should do that on their own, so I see no reason to do it yourself. Also, we censor curse words for a reason, so don't try to bypass them. And don't feel pressured to release something, especially if you know it's bad. I think we'd all rather see a nice, polished product, than every incremental step towards that.
ok

hey can someone tell me how to list all basic programs using the det(32 command only once
Well, you can use det(9,"SEARCHSTRING") to search for programs with specific headers. BASIC programs don't have specific headers, so you can't really search for them. To get around that, you can search for all ASM programs, which start with $BB6D, and exclude those programs from the total list of programs which is generated by det(9).
Thanks... but do you know of any simpler way to do that or can you at least give me the code to do that?
Hmm, actually, BASIC programs start with ":", so convert that to hex and use that as the search string in the det(9) command.
Edit: Err, nevermind. >.< After looking at a BASIC program in Calcsys, they really don't have any specific header. I'll try to come up with some code later.
spud2451 wrote:
thanks everyone for giving suggestions
and i'll take them all into account

and the reason that fiddle beta 1.0 sucked is because i did all the code in 3 days

and i'm putting in a cursor style GUI for Fiddle beta 1.1

orac343 this isn't my first big project i've just only been on cemetech for a little while

seana11 your calc must be screwed up because it
works fine on mine

Seeing as you say it sucked because you rushed production, it seems to me this is your first big product. Smile Just remember that these guys are all here to help you, not to criticize you. Plus its usually better to try and figure the code out yourself, use cemetech as a last resort.
PS My name is spelled with a 0 not an o XD
thank you everybody you have been so much help so far i will have to
put the whole cemetech team in my shell credits

and i will soon put up a website for any one whoever wants to help me
(\ /)
(oo)
(uu) I <3 wabbitemu

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours