Hi everyone!

I'm working on a project called RoboKIT and it's intended to provide tools for simple robots to calculate Direct Kinematics, Dynamics (Lagrange-Euler method), Jacobian matrices (needed for calculus and for robotics as well), etc.

So far, the Direct Kinematics module as well as the Jacobian module are currently done (the Jacobian module still needs a little polishing).

I'm currently working on the main interface and the Dynamics module. There'll be an English and Spanish version.

Cheers!!
Charlie

UPDATE6:

Screenshots

Completed tasks:
1.- Graphic dialogs for every program.
2.- Kinematics, Jacobian and Path programs are complete.

Almost completed:

1.- Dynamics program is almost complete. Unfortunately, there is a limitation that doesn't allow to apply the chain rule correctly. I'm thinking how to solve this issue, but so far, this program can calculate the Lagrangian expression correctly.

In progress:

1.- A mechanism to display the results properly (if I'm not wrong, it's not possible to return a value to home or EQW while a program is running without a patch).
2.- A program to obtain the derivative of an expression respect to time (chain rule).

to do:

1.- Complete the program for dynamics. Find a way to apply the chain rule.
2.- Polish every program.
3.- Test and check for errors.
4.- Translate the whole program.

I hope to finish this project soon.
I'm not entirely convinced you mean Cinematics (the study of film); I think you might instead mean Kinematics (the study of Newtonian motion). Smile Either way, sounds like a cool project, and I look forward to hearing more about it.
KermMartian wrote:
I'm not entirely convinced you mean Cinematics (the study of film); I think you might instead mean Kinematics (the study of Newtonian motion). Smile Either way, sounds like a cool project, and I look forward to hearing more about it.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry, I'm editing the original post in 3...2 ...1
And I see you've edited it again, almost three weeks later. Smile Sounds great so far; I hope you'll get us those screenshots soon.
Yeah! I want to translate the program first and then post the screenshots.
CharlieMAC wrote:
Out of curiosity, did you write it in English or Spanish, and if English, what prompted the translation? As a final note, I hope that once you finish this project you'll upload it to the Cemetech archives so that others may try it out.
KermMartian wrote:
CharlieMAC wrote:
Out of curiosity, did you write it in English or Spanish, and if English, what prompted the translation? As a final note, I hope that once you finish this project you'll upload it to the Cemetech archives so that others may try it out.

I'm writing it in Spanish, since I'm from South America, so that's why I want to translate it before upload.

I will upload to Cemetech archives as soon as I finish the project.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours