Welcome (back) to Cemetech, 7MwX. I do indeed see that you registered on Cemetech many a month ago, so it's good to have you again. I doubt that CalcSys (perhaps this was it?) was able to write your Flash, but the VAT might have gotten corrupted, and that corruption might have gotten archived somewhere. I hope that people find your solution useful. Smile

May I recommend you introduce yourself?
You said you had Omnicalc, right? Back when I had OS 2.55, my calc would glitch out almost every other entry. It didn't go away until I deleted the app. You have two options, delete Omnicalc, or downgrade your OS, because the bugs will get worse and more frequent. (By worse, I mean OS corruption. It happened to me.) I've read that the cause of all the bugs are that the new OS's take up an extra page of, if I remember right, archive that, before OS v. 2.53, were free to use by apps like Omnicalc and xlib.
mitchba12 wrote:
I've read that the cause of all the bugs are that the new OS's take up an extra page of, if I remember right, archive that, before OS v. 2.53, were free to use by apps like Omnicalc and xlib.
The extra flash page that 2.55MP (not 2.53MP) has nothing to do with the problems in those OSes. Most of the problems are caused by things that were changed when MathPrint was added.
mitchba12 wrote:
You said you had Omnicalc, right? Back when I had OS 2.55, my calc would glitch out almost every other entry. [...]
As JosJuice said above, this is a fault of the MP OSes. If you use apps like Doors CS, which have been built with workarounds to fix a flag error with ParserHooks, Op1, and the MP OSes, things are mostly stable, but apps that haven't been patched for TI's mistake tend to be unstable on MP. If you can, I'd recommend "down"grading from an MP OS to 2.43 rather than removing any apps, personally. Smile Also, welcome to Cemetech; may I induce you to Introduce Yourself?
Sounds like you used CalcUtil. Did you try a full reset (ram and archive) before reinstalling? Depending on what had happened, it should have helped.

Hooks aren't files Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours