How do you put quotes (") into a string?
"""->Str1 doesn't work
But it is important that it is the real quote, that e.g. String1 is "text(0,0,"Test"" and then the quotes need to be real, not some other character that acts differently but looks the same. Do you have any ideas?
Use the Celtic 3 command det(17,"22") to put a quote in a string.
that is solve... -_-
Hmm, try using "0022" instead of "22". 22h is the hex code for the quote character.
That's "?solve("
Alternatively, you can put a whole bunch of different fun characters in strings using Symbols v2.1 by TIFreak and myself:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/programs/charz.zip
Sorunome wrote:
That's "?solve("

Try "2A".
Also: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/one-byte-tokens
Or, type a quote at the homescreen preceeded by a store (->) symbol. ie
Code:
->"
And then go into the Y= menu, press [2nd]-[Enter] to bring back the ->" from earlier. And then go to the homescreen and type:
Code:
Equ->Str(Y0,Str0)
I think that's it, might be backwards. And then you have a store symbol and a quote in a string that you can use with other things. For instance, sub(Str0,2,1) to get the quote.
souvik1997 wrote:
Sorunome wrote:
That's "?solve("

Try "2A".
That's it!

_player1537 wrote:
Or, type a quote at the homescreen preceeded by a store (->) symbol. ie

Code:
->"

And then go into the Y= menu, press [2nd]-[Enter] to bring back the ->" from earlier. And then go to the homescreen and type:

Code:

Equ->Str(Y0,Str0)

I think that's it, might be backwards. And then you have a store symbol and a quote in a string that you can use with other things. For instance, sub(Str0,2,1) to get the quote.

That would work, but not in a program, sorry
Usually what I did when I was young was simply using Input Str1 then typing a quote there, storing it in a string. I do not remember if I could actually display the string afterward, though. Let me try on my 84+

EDIT: Ok I tried and it worked.
The problem of that is that you can't insert quotes inside a program into a string very user-friendly.
Are you going to be using Souvik's solution?
Yep! Why?
Because in one post, it sounded like you were, and then the next one kind of forgot about it.
_player1537 wrote:
Because in one post, it sounded like you were, and then the next one kind of forgot about it.
I was worried about that as well, until I decided he was probably just continuing the discussion to search for possible alternatives and for the sake of future users. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours