Kerm, If you know how to make applications for the calculators, is it possible to make an OS for the calculator? Like instead of Doors Calculator Shell (I think thats what CS stands for) what about Doors Operating System? I dont think any one has made an operating system for the calculator, is there a reason? I am woundering if making an Operating System conflicts with the patent or something? If not then I think you'll make a big profit! You could get money off it, I would buy it. Heck, you could even sell Door CS right now its so good. I know it would take a while (Years) but you oculd like pass yourself with it instead of all out on it, you could do alittle here and there. What do you think Kerm?

-Swivel
first off all, go to ticalc.org and go to 83+/os there are two there, so otheres have done it. TI says it can be done (i think they do), but it isn't recommended.
Ok, let me explain the issues.

1. Yes, it is possible, and yes, it has been done.
2. Writing 5k of ASM is hard enough, imagine writing an entire meg.
3. TI has issues (and rightfully so) with anyone using their code in another OS. This means writing every. single. routine. from. scratch.
4. Not fun.
5. At all.
Ah, I see. I thought it would be pretty cool.
What you could do is just add:

1. An 'Edit Option' so it'll open the editor on the prog you want instead of having to get out of Door CS, hit prgm, ect....

2. A (I know how hard it is to make progs and the last thing you want to hear about your progs is a bug, but......) Better Archive, Unarchive option. The one you have now on 5.1 freezes my calc and then shuts it off and clears my RAM.

Those are opinions, sorry if I am boggin you down with to much requests.

-Swivel
No no, it's no problem, I'm actually really happy to get feedback.
You aren't the first person to mention the arc bug, I actually fixed it in an unreleased build of 5.4.
Ok good, because that really got anoying. Hehe. I know how hard it is to find every bug, Trust me!! I have bugs in my simpleist progs ever! and they keep coming one after another. Fix one, another comes up, Fix another, one more comes up, ect.....
Tell me about it. Often my fixes just cause new bugs. Smile
So yeah, expect some betas around Friday or so.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours