» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
You're not obsessed. Rolling Eyes Laughing
comicIDIOT wrote:
You're not obsessed. Rolling Eyes 0x5
I am absolutely playing it too much. Razz Oh, and one day I quoted a figure that was way too high for the number of hours I've played; I was forgetting two or three solid eight or ten-hour periods when I afk'd to collect resources from traps. Anywho, I look forward to our work tomorrow. If you guys happen to visit before me, I'd love to hear where you think we should go with that end of the promenade next!
Holy crap Kerm! That thing got even bigger. I like the bridge, very nicely done. I cant imagine how much mining that took to get all that, ive done done some major mining but i think you might have trumped some of our mine Razz Im going to have t come check this out again. Nice progress!
rcfreak0 wrote:
Holy crap Kerm! That thing got even bigger. I like the bridge, very nicely done. I cant imagine how much mining that took to get all that, ive done done some major mining but i think you might have trumped some of our mine Razz Im going to have t come check this out again. Nice progress!

You should see the caves we (mostly Kerm) have made for the cobble on those bridges. I had to stop helping for a bit to deal with a "pillager" that managed inside our town, but that is taken care of and we are going to be going heavy on more bridge distance now. Very Happy
You should come check out the Moirae Bridge under construction; it's 3 support towers, an artificial island under Support Tower B, a 160-block span, and much more. Updated map:

I used to play Minecraft every night this Fall, but then somebody destroyed everything I made and I lost interest...

Also that seems like a long bridge! Shock
You should come check out Evocat.us, DJ_O! I will warn you that it is a PvP server, meaning that killing is allowed (between enemy, non-allied towns) and griefing is permitted to some extent, but the contents of towns themselves are protected by a server mod called Towny. My highway/tower/promenade/bridge system is unprotected, but thus far it is too big for anyone to have the patience to extensively grief.
WIP bridge I'm working on. Not sure what to add to it, decoratively speaking. Suggestions?

How about some supports or trellising on there, Subaru? Also, I like the texture pack, what is it?
Will do in terms of supports. Right now I'm working on anchoring on each end. Not sure how to do trellising at this scale though. Have any visual examples? Razz

I thought about encasing the bridge in glass or perhaps adding a wooden canopy. Yays? Nays?
TsukasaZX wrote:
Will do in terms of supports. Right now I'm working on anchoring on each end. Not sure how to do trellising at this scale though. Have any visual examples? Razz

I thought about encasing the bridge in glass or perhaps adding a wooden canopy. Yays? Nays?
Sounds great! This is the kind of bridge that I was thinking of, by the way; surely you've seen its ilk before:

I knew what you were talking about but I think that sort of trellising would look ugly on my bridge given its slim width and short length.

Anyway, I'm probably going to give it a wooden canopy later. Just need to craft some wooden slabs. Also, I need to fix the gaping hole in front of the bridge where a creeper exploded.

Probably craft more arrows and burn more pigs while I'm at it. Stupid creepers >_>
Why would you guys continue to play a building game where the AI is out to grief you? Griefing is bad enough when other players can destroy your crap. Adding bots the mix is just stupid.
You can easily change the difficulty level to remove the mobs that hurt you and grief your stuff.
The only MOBs that can damage your stuff are Creepers but they only explode if they get close to you. They don't really care about anything but blowing up the player. Everything else is just collateral damage.

That said, indeed you can set the difficulty to "Peaceful" which removes all aggressive MOBs (except wolves, which are passive until you hit them).

Also, to clarify, if you're smart, Creepers are never a problem. I wasn't being particularly smart at that point. I was bored, stuck on my bridge at night, and decided to go kill aggressive MOBs for loot. Ran out of arrows and had to fight off some creepers with my sword.

[EDIT]
Forgot to say, but @ Kerm: the texture pack is part Painterly part my own custom designs
My lava tower:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3601919/Pictures/2011-06-13_17.13.51.png
Southerland Bridge is operational! Although I might add to it if anybody has suggestions Smile

@Souvik: nice tower! Smile
Souvik, that looks great, nice job! I assume you didn't gather the lava legitimately, though? Wink I can't wait to show you guys the completed Hypnos Bridge and the in-progress Moirae Bridge on Evocatus, as well as the bypass that brings what I'm now thinking of calling the Great Elysian Highway into Arcadia itself.
I did get the lava legitimately. Razz It only used 6 buckets of lava.
souvik1997 wrote:
I did get the lava legitimately. Razz It only used 6 buckets of lava.
Oh wow, then congrats! If you are interested in less legitimate item acquisition, though, I understand that there's a mod that lets you use SMP commands like /i and /give on single-player servers.

Su-Hime, very nice; the wood roof is a great touch.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours