Do you want it in there
yes
 100%  [ 5 ]
no
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

I feel inspired. Ok this isn't that that political but people are making it that way. Should the 'Under God' part stay in the pledge of alegence (sp)

These [stopping myself] people can just not say it, does it really matter what other people beleive in or if they say it or not.
It should be kept, because of one simple fact.

This country was founded on the belief of Christianity, and the most important being in all the known and unknown univers, God.

If the blasted aethiests don't want to hear or see it, they can move to another country! Or, they can just simply ignore it, because it is this (for the most part) country's belief.
Everyone believes in some kind of deity, and since the country waas founded on such principles, I agree with TI-Freak.
My problem with the atheists is this, they are trying to impose their religion on us that do believe in God. Just hear (or read) me out. A religion is a set of beliefs that portray a supreme deity. The atheist religion is the belief in the absence of this deity. So in their quest to remove religion from the public world, they are imposing theirs on us. Understand?

Also simi-on topic. The Ten Commandments. First, this is not just a Christian thing, the Jewish faith believes in them too (Moses was a Jew). And if you look at just about every religion in the world, they all say the same thing in one way or another. Don't kill, steal, commit adultery, all are corner stones of every major belief. Should we make murder legal because the bible says not to, that is absurd.
I agree. And the big point that we're all missing is that even if there is such a phrase in the Pledge of Allegiance or anything else, it doesn't meanyou have to believe it! You can just ignore it if you don't agree. How many hundreds of ads do we see each day and just ignore? It's the same idea.
TI-Freak said it best. This nation was founded on religious values. The reason why our forefathers placed mention of God in the constitution is because of their religious values. So religion is, in a way, directly connected to our nation. More importantly, under God doesnt mean we view everyone as having the same faith. Just that we believe our nation is protected by a higher power, whether you call it Allah, God, or Yaweh.

I dont see it as a big deal, like most of us seem to think. I think it's pretty said that our nation has lost its religion to such an extent.
Exactly, that's what I was trying to say in my first post. And its true, the nation has become very secularized, for better or worse.
You know why it is that way, don't you? It is because this nation (the people) has turned into a bunch of worriers. We worry about how people think of us. Everyone of us does, to one extent or another. And, I hate to say this, we have become... sorta weak. Most of the people refuse to stand up for themselves, or others, anymore.

And because of this developing problem, just to keep peace, and not have to stand up for what is right, we take stuff out, like the Ten commandments out of the government buildings, the Under God, In God we Trust is supposed to get taken out as well.

If people would quit worrying about other people, and sticking their noses in other people's business, this country would run along rather smoothly.
Tell me about it. It's criminal how litigious and politically correct the nation has become.
Yea, its absolutely ridiculous. Yay frivolous lawsuits.
Case in point: suing McDonalds for making people fat. Very Happy
Godfather wrote:
My problem with the atheists is this, they are trying to impose their religion on us that do believe in God.

Now lets remeber its not all the atheists, i know some atheists who are fine with it and really don't care that much. their really nice people.
I'm sorry for the generalization. I also know a few and they have no problem with the pledge. They actually find it kind of ridiculous. By "The Atheists" I mean those who are trying to remove God from everything in society.
Oh, OK. I agree that such overt political correctness is too far in the other direction.
KermMartian wrote:
Case in point: suing McDonalds for making people fat. Very Happy

Yeah:

Suing McDonalds because the Coffee was hot. (What an idiot)

Suing Hustler magazine for carpral tunnel in the wrist. Razz

Suing Cigarette companies because people are getting sick...
Hmm. this seems to be turning into a Rant instead of Politics... Laughing
car coffee driving frivolous fun hot idiot Kerm made maker makers pot ruining suing tell while suing

[Please note that this post has been rebuilt from a corrupted database.]
drier freakin hair label lol omg ph43r pretty stupid submerged warning while wow

attemp chain chainsaw electric genitals hands stop sweedish wut

childs evil genitals mower one push putting read safety seat

Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours