Ah haaaaaaaaaahhhhh, you are a genius. Thanks! Very Happy

So...I've never swapped ram pages before. All I have to do is load port 6 with the page number?
ZippyDee wrote:
Ah haaaaaaaaaahhhhh, you are a genius. Thanks! Very Happy

So...I've never swapped ram pages before. All I have to do is load port 6 with the page number?
That's not swapping RAM pages (although there is indeed a port for that, Port 7). What you're swapping is the ROM page (well, I guess you can map RAM too), or more specifically the page of whatever is in $4000 to $7FFF. Port 6 controls $4000-$7FFF, and Port 7 controls $8000-$BFFF. See also http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:Ports:06 and http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:Ports:07 for more information.
Ack that's what I meant: ROM pages >.< So would my interrupt look something like:

Code:

di
exx
ex af,af'
in a,(6)
push af
ld a, APP_PAGE
out (6),a
call MY_INTERRUPT_IN_APP_BODY
pop af
out (6),a
ex af,af'
exx
ei
ret
Yup, that should do it, as long as MY_INTERRUPT_IN_APP_BODY does the necessary pre- and post-interrupt fiddling with Ports 3 and 4.
I dont think I do anything with port 4 >.< should I be doing something with it?

EDIT: well it's still working the same way as it was before. Maybe I didn't have to do that swapping at all, because it seemed to be still calling the routine from inside it even before I did this whole page swapping thing. The issue is still that it won't detect any keypresses......

There. No more double-post Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours