Nice. I think I'll post a screenie of Cemetech's ACP:

And yes that admin tools thing appears on every page for Ti-Freak, JPez, and I.
Yup, and it is downright nifty! Razz Laughing
Heh, ty. I need to make that "acpmoderate Pending Queue" feature work though. Smile
that is pretty sweet looking, I gotta say.
Also note the 'goto admin cp' that appears in the sidebar for admins.
well, after about 4 hours of working, here's a screenshot:

thats page is a cross between index.php and viewforum.php

next I need to remake the subsilver.css file, the little images, and start adding content. if you aren't logged in as an administrator, you get no posting options at all.
the site is not live yet though.
Cool! Yeah, that's one thing I'm unhappy about here, that the non-site pages are completely templated, only the header/footer.
and the rest of the site isn't?

that was a sort of confusing post.
*non-forum. Better? Smile
and the forum isn't completely templated? whats wrong with the stuff being template? or are you unhappy with the forum not being templated?
KermMartian wrote:
Cool! Yeah, that's one thing I'm unhappy about here, that the non-forum pages are not completely templated, only the header/footer.

Ugg, looks like I needed to proofread that post more. :/
that's why I was confused. with my thing on working on, Im not actually creating any new pages, just ditching the forum and using all those handy functions as a CMS instead of a forum Smile
Exactly. Smile One of these days I'll finish templating the rest of the site.
guys, check out my forum index. it validates. First phpBB index page Ive ever seen do that, and the rest will follow suit as I have time.
Wow, cool! I need that done around here too. Sad If only I had the time...
did you see the beginnings of my changes to the template layout?

btw, how do you use CSS to make a floating <div> that stays on screen?
At any point? You have to use Javascript to readjust the div's position; it must be a float div.
so how would one go about doing that?
You'd use something similar to this:
http://javascript.internet.com/page-details/floating-email-this-link.html

You can copy-paste the script, or take a look at how it works and write one more optimized for what you're doing.
pwny. thanks

[edit]

uber-pwny

check out my front page now. its even sexier when you have javascript enabled Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours