and back on subject: check out my front page. it is entirely Strict XHTML 1.1 and finally uses CSS>

it took me 2 hours to convert a page that had 130+ errors in Transitional HTML to have no errors in Strict XHTML.
And you managed to not mess up fromatting, as well.
that was the hardest part. had to kill all my font, strong, blockquote, and center tags.
Ugh, quelle horror! My pages here are mostly CSS, but I still use tables, which apparently is unoptimal.
I got to start working on mine one of these days... Sad

Maybe I will see if there is a decent book on css on ebay for cheap... Smile
Either that, or get your friendly neighborhood Martian to do it for you. Smile
lol, with as many projects as you got going right now, I wouldn't want to impose...

I am thinking about shooting to mimic the archive system you have here though, that is 1337! Very Happy
Heh, thank you, and it's not even done yet. I'm going to add author stats and the user upload form, not to mention the pending/moderation queue in the ACP.
I rather like my upload form, I might try to integrate it with the rest, or just leave it as it is...

I still have a long way to go before I can do the stuff you are doing... That is why I am gonna do the php thing on my comp...
if you want PHP for your comp, get phpdev (Google it). It even comes with an IPB 1 board for free.

w3schools has good tutorials.
Heh, I already posted that. How did they manage to get IPB to contribute a free embedded version?
I think it has been in the package since pre-IPB 2 days, when it was still free. And they dont tell you its there, so they haven't been asked to remove it.
lol, nice. I think I'll stick with phpBB though, especially considering how much I have modded it.
thats what Im doing.

btw...I just got a web design job at my school. $5 and hour, and up to 10 hours a week.
$5 an hour?! WTF?
its for my school....and id rather do that then flip burgers at mcdonalds

plus I can work whenever I want. $50 a week is fine when you are in highschool and without a car
True, true. What will you be designing?
essentially an information page/cms as well as maintaining it for the rest of the time im in high school.

I decided to use the phpBB login/authentication system with the most heavy modding you have ever seen Smile. I got started on it last night. Ill show you when I start making a lot more progress.
I bet it won't be modded as heavily as the pbpBB-based CMS that runs this site. Smile
we'll see. By the time Im done you really wont be able to recognize it as phpBB except from the admin cp. Ive also got some custom mods already that I made for my site (like an file manager built into the admin cp).

It wont have a forum per se, but Im using the forum system for the cms, with the permissions set on ALL view, admin only for posting/replying.

the entire navbar will be over on the side. All the IM stuff will be taken out of the user profile, and replaced with other info.

User groups will be used to differentiate from the interns/mentors/faculty.

Im redoing the index page so that it skips forums/subforums, and just displays the actual topics.

And Im having fun with the language files to get rid of all forum technology. Im moving the registration page so that it is part of the admin cp and you have to have an account registered by me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours