Indeed, that might cut down the pageload time.
Okay, I have something that is extremely weird. On the homepage, you may note that the webring box is on the left, but the DIV it's in has this:
DIV.center {width:100%;text-align:center;}
Any ideas?
Well, I'd say 30% of my errors were those blasted alt tags, but I didn't look through the list that well...
kirb wrote:
I can defintely tell a difference between this site and many other phpBB boards. This loads so much slower after connecting to the server. Other sites have longer connections, but once connected, the page almost instantly loads. I am currently working to get my forum compliant with some standards.

also partially due to Kerm's hosts extreeeemmmeeelly slow response time (~600ms+)
Yeah, stupid alt tags. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, stupid alt tags. Sad

lol, it can be useful if someone turns off images (dial-up users, cell-phone, PDA, etc...)

--wtf? when i hit submit i got a pop-up blocked message - why are there popups here!?!?!?
That would have been the privage message notifier.
oh, lol, i didn't have a chance to look at it since it was on the "You'll be redirected in x seconds" page after hitting submit, and i didn't notice it till it started loading the next page
rofl, fair enough.
Kllrnohj wrote:
TI-Freak8x wrote:
It isn't a major big deal, and I would like to see it be with less errors, but you also cannot tell me it doesn't load quickly...

I never said it didn't load quickly. But for slower computers, fewer errors will equal faster performance
odd tifreakware site always loaded very quickly (faster than ticalc.org), even on my old pentium II after clearing my cache. Cemetech loads very slow though especially the images, but I dunno if its the website scripting or the server
its the server, its got httping times of over 600ms (thats not transfering the page data, thats just getting a response)

by comparison, google gets about a 100ms httping time, and ticalc.org gets 380ms, and tifreakware gets about 130ms
Considering google has so very little on it... Laughing
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Considering google has so very little on it... Laughing

...like i said, it measures response time, NOT how long it takes to send the page data....
Right. There's two times here, one of which is slow for me, the other fast

1. Reponse time: how long it takes the server to acknowledge and prepare a request
2. Data fetch time: how long it acutally takes for the data to transfer
once the server decides to send the data, it transmits fairly fast (downloads of files here do max my line like they should), however, getting it to send the data takes waay too long (and do remember, every single image is a seperate request)
Hmmm, so would the key be to make a low-image template for you guys?
I'm glad Omnimaga files werent hosted on designerz-core, I get like 70000 hits a month on the images/files so it would be awfully slow when lot of ppl are online Razz
Ha! I get around 300,000 hits per month these days. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Hmmm, so would the key be to make a low-image template for you guys?

they key would be to get a faster web host Wink (like godaddy.com or surpasshosting.com)

But a low-image template WOULD be nice Very Happy
OK, let me investigate. I'd probably start with the toolbar/sidebar.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours