Expound about parents here.

My parents have been particularly aggravating these past 24 hours. Last night I reminded them to take me shopping on Black Friday, and they apparently 'forgot' that they were supposed to drive me, and said no, and when I tried to reason with me they got EXTREMELY ANGRY. Fuck. So much for the imense savings and for hanging out with my friends. Broken Word #1. Then my Dad woke me up at 4 a.m. this morning out of spite, and Ihe kept the t.v. downstairs blaring so I couldn't go back to sleep. At this point I'm uber pissed. THEN today, being the day that they 'poromised', IN WRITING, that they would buy me a new bed for my room, for I have none. Now they refuse to pay for the bed that I had specified WITH ALL PRICE DETAILS to them LAST WEEK because apparently it's 'too expensive' and they'd 'rather buy it in store', but the bed is online only! FUCK THEM ALL!!! Broken Word #2. At this point I've thought about withdrawing large amounts of cash from their banking account...however I have decided against it. What I want to know now is what the fuck are they going to do with all that cash now? <_< Mad

I'm sure broken word #3 will come by day's end.

But I have some good news!I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico! Laughing Just Joking But really...Only 821 Days until I am 18 and am free!!! Very Happy
Sounds like getting a job and your driver's license will do you nicely.
I feel for you. My dad was a big pain, until mom wanted a divorce. He changed drastically after that. During that time, he decided to test my patience, so I stopped workin in the shop. Once he realized upsetting me is a VERY bad idea, he has been pretty cool since. Smile

You have to show some parents that you have some control, even if you don't... Very Happy
Oh, I have control over myself now...I've been making it apparent ever since that horrible incident this past summer and every subsequent one.

Oh, and guess where the money from my bed went to? Buying my mom a new table Mad

I tried to kinda forgive my parents today when they came back from shopping; it backfired very, very badly.

Quote:
Sounds like getting a job and your driver's license will do you nicely.

Laughing Like I haven't already tried. No one will hire me until I'm 16, and I wouldn't be able to get a full driver's license untill I'd be almost 18, so I see no point in driver's ed classes...

EDIT: Well, this is interesting...my mom came to apologize to me today...apparently she bought the table for no money down...and she told me that she would buy the bed for me today, except that she wouldn't be able to get the money to my account to buy the bed in time, thus voiding our written agreement, and apologizing for that. And for my father's behavior; she told me that because of my Dad's disease, he has to take even stronger medication (he has ms) and without adequate sleep, his judgement and personality become completely different...hmm...still doesn't explain him sadistically waking me up at 4 a.m. for though <_< That and apparently there was a miscommunication between my parents and I over the past few days...I guess whatever my mom didn't understand she made assumptions for that weren't necessarily correct Laughing Also, I have decided against not buying the bed, because since our written agreement was violated by her, it doesn't really matter when or if I get a new bed. That and it would be my only Christmas present (my parents have a habit of doing that; they owe me a gift or whatever from some occasion, and if they forget to give it to me, it becomes a Christmas present...how fucking lame is that <_<)

But not all hope is lost...I have found a new HYIP to invest in, much better and much more stable than 4Daily, to invest my money in.

EDIT One more time ( :ugh: ): Well, my mom kinda forced me into buying the bed...and another written agreement, this time if she fails, she owes me $100 Very Happy.
lol, now how in the world do you manage these agreements? Confused My parents would knock me upside the head... Laughing
With fearsome negotiations and years of study, I have perfected my art of persuasion Laughing

Oh, and my parents just sent the money for my bed to my bank account; I am now in possession of over $600! Very Happy
Good for you, glad you got your bed.
What ever happened to your Parent Rant #1?
KermMartian wrote:
Good for you, glad you got your bed.

day ain't over yet! quick, run out and SHOP!
Laughing Yay for Black Friday sales. Very Happy
omg, its more like grey friday and black saturday!

i work at target, and friday wasn't busy at all, but yesterday (saturday), was freaking jammed. so many goddamn people!!!
Yeah, the Greenmarket was quite crowded Saturday./
people can only shop so many places in one day
Quote:

I think it got lost in the forum crash ( Question )
Darn crash. Sad
Hmm...Kerm, have you made any database backups lately?
I do it weekly now. Smile
good for you.
...But is it automated? Very Happy
see, if I ever build my linux server, it would do a backup to another hardrive everynight, and of course the hardrive would then be umounted so things can't happen to it during the day (incase of hack)
rivereye wrote:
see, if I ever build my linux server, it would do a backup to another hardrive everynight, and of course the hardrive would then be umounted so things can't happen to it during the day (incase of <font color=red>censored</font>)

that would be easy to do, just have a cron setup to execute a BASH script nightly....just get that linux running!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours